Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got a nice fudge recipe??

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Originally posted by x.st.angel.x View Post
    WC i like the idea of less sugar...but i also like the idea of using chocolate chips, would normal chocolate work just as well??
    I've only ever done it with the chocolate chips but really how different are they from just a chocolate bar? Pretty much the same. As long as the weight give you the same quantity it should be fine. I love dark chocolate which is why I use the 60% cocoa type.

Comment

• Originally posted by x.st.angel.x View Post
      Hey lana is there a another way to determine if the fudge has reached 236 degrees without having a candy thermometer?
      I know for candy, you could use the ball method or whatever it is called. But I don't know if that works for fudge. Maybe WC knows if there is a way.

Comment

• I make peanut brittle and use a candy thermometer for that as well as the ice water and ball test. (humm that sounds interesting for other activities - back to candy) I've never been successful making real fudge - where you don't use marshmallow creme. You should be able to get a good candy thermometer for less than $10 at the grocery.

Comment

• I'm about to get that brownie recipe. I will post it in the Brownie section soon
          Love isn't about finding the perfect person, but learning to see an imperfect person perfectly <3

Comment

• mmmmmm brownies

Comment

• I made brownies the other night. I have a brownie pan which is the BEST THING EVER!!!! Ever single piece of brownie is an edge. And the edges are the bestest part!

Comment

• They make brownie pans?? thats awesome i need to check that out!

Comment

• HAHA - yeah - check this out. It is so awesome!

Comment

• Lol wow techlonogy is advancing so quickly...I wonder what they'll invent next! That pan looks extremely handy for brownie making even for fudge too

Comment

• Okay everyone....I FINALLY FOUND IT!!!

125g butter
                      2/3 cup evaporated milk
                      1 1/2 cups caster sugar
                      100g white marshmallows
                      1 teaspoon vanilla
                      185g chocolate (white for caramel fudge, dark for chocolate fudge)

1. Place butter, milk, sugar and marshmallows in a large microwave-safe dish with a lid.

2. Microwave on MEDIUM for 5 minutes, stirring every 1 1/2 minutes.

3. Microwave on MEDIUM HIGH for 8 minutes, without stirring.

4. Add vanilla and broken up chocolate and beat with electric mixer for 5 minutes on high speed.

5. Pour into a greased biscuit tray and refrigerate until set.

6. Cut into squares.

Love isn't about finding the perfect person, but learning to see an imperfect person perfectly <3

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                      X