Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Way of Eating....HELP!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• New Way of Eating....HELP!

Many of you do not know I have recently given up meat! No red meat, NO chicken, NO turkey, and I haven't eatten pork since I was younger. Well i'm in a whole new era of life with almost no recipes. I am allowing myself to still eat Fish, Shrimp, Clams etc but am in need of some good/quick recipes (I work a LOT and don't really have hours to spare to prepare a meal)

Any pointers, suggestions, recipes...words of praise or approval.

My mother is old fashion Panamanian which means I'm used to eating two meats with dang near every meal so at times its hair pulling but I like this decision and really want to stick with it.
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Everything I'm not makes me Everything I am[/FONT];)

• I have basically the same diet.

When I'm in a time crunch I'll open a can of tuna and drizzle a bit of salad dressing on it, stir and put on a salad.

Frozen fish is easily heated up in the oven or toaster over (or pan) with a little bit of lemon juice and salt and pepper. Anything can be served with fresh steamed veggies and/or rice.

Scrambled eggs with beans and salsa and a side of fruit is a good lunch or breakfast.

Comment

• Have you noticed a difference in your body? I was told that seafood has a lot of calories in it today and it made me stop and think

Comment

• Seafood has nearly zero fat content. If I kick meat to the curb for a bit, I loose alot of weight, my stomach is flat and I feel better, but I do it purely for that reason, when I've been a tad on the "pfttttt" eat what I want side...

I love boiling a pumpkin cut up with no skin, placing it in the blender with a small can of coconut milk (lite), then putting it back on the stove on low, adding corriander leaves, black pepper, just a little and then I drop half a dozen raw prawns in it, until they are cooked.

A new veggie dish I found was boiling all your favourites, what ever they are so that they are cooked but not mushy, then in a fry pan, zest of lemon (1/2 a lemon), garlic, a clove or a teaspoon, fry it in spray oil, and 1 teaspoon of oil, then add bread crumbs until they are toasted, place some shredded cheese in the veggies and toss until it starts to melt, then pour the breadcrumbs over the top and eat.

If you like herbs, chop a tomato up into small bits, dice basil leaves, and small pieces of feta cheese and mix it all together. Place that over fish once cooked, a bit of black pepper.

Onions are wicked, pick small ones, boil them until cooked, then simmer on low, very low with honey poured in. They honey caramlises and turns the onion brown, this is nice with rice and prawns.

There's just a few
        PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• what are Prawns? But thank you that might just be some dishes I will try. I need to loose my GUT, I don't have tummy I have a GUT a certifiable GUT! I "mommy can I play the drums" then lift up my shirt GUT!

Comment

• pfttt, more sex will get rid of that

Sorry, "Australian"... shrimps..........

Comment

• I love Shrimps! Hopefully we will be able to have more sex since he has finally moved into his house. He will be only 15-20mins away from me! I'm excited about that. We are actually supposed to be taking a trip together in Jan. I don't want to jinx it but it seems like when I plan things they never go the way they are supposed to. I know I shouldn't think that way but I REALLY need and want this trip. Any way back to the subject I want to try the recipe even more now that I know it's with shrimp! emmmmmm shrimp (thats my Homer from the simpsons voice)

Comment

• LOL's... I love homer.

I gave a taste test to my neighbours last night, I made some up for tomorrow, they wanted to take it home pfttttt...

I'll come up with some other's, my girlfriend game me an awesome book yesterday I haven't had time to flick through it.

Spaghetti, Marinara is good too. I also put a can of crab meat in mine, and cut up parsley

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X