Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Needing new recipes bad!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Needing new recipes bad!

my husband and I do not eat bell peppers or anything with onions in it but onion powder is fine. He wants me to start making different meals than the stuff we always have.

• Heyyy here's a thought, make him cook something.

Comment

• Try this yummm it is.

1 can of Alfredo pasta sauce.

About Four Boneless Chicken Breasts.

Flour

Chopped Spinach (either a frozen box or about 2 cups fresh, use best judgement here any amount is fine according to what you like.)

2tbls Chopped Garlic (again either fresh or jared however you like it)

Parmasian

Pasta Noddle's (whatever kind you like, not specific I know but it's an ajustable recipe, I like angel hair)

2 slices cooked, chopped bacon (very fine)

One slice red onion chopped really fine(you don't like onions so you can leave this out won't hurt the recipe)

Olive Oil

Sauce:
      Rinse and drain spinach and set aside(drain really well, if you get frozen make sure to squeeze excess water.

Saute bacon, onions, and chopped garlic in olive oil, just intil bacon is crispy. Then add spinach to pot ans make sure you mix well enough. Then add the Alfreado sauce to the spinach mix and sex to a low simmer, stiring ocasionally until heated though.

Pasta-Self explainatory

Chicken:
      Roll the chicken breasts through the flour until coated. (You may want to slice the chicken before cooking. It will cook faster and be eaiser to eat, but that's optional.)
      Then pan fry in a well greased (olive oil works well) pan until cooked through. Place on lower heat for thicker chicken breasts. When the chicken breasts are done the sould be golden brown on the outside. You can bake then if you like but pan frying has always tasted better to me.

Add pasta to a bowl, then a couple of chicken strips and then add sauce on top. And add lots of parm.

This is my favorite recipe... It may take a few times to get it perfect but it's worht it.
      sigpic☮“I am convinced that the women of the world, united without any regard for national or racial dimensions, can become a most powerful force for international peace and brotherhood.”☮

Comment

• Oh and the sauce makes a really good spinach dip. Really good with tortila chips.

You could even add diced tomatoes or avacodo to it.
        sigpic☮“I am convinced that the women of the world, united without any regard for national or racial dimensions, can become a most powerful force for international peace and brotherhood.”☮

Comment

• One online tool that I LOVE is on all recipe's website called "ingredient search" (google it, or send me a PM and I'll give you the link). I use it a lot when I'm out of ideas, and/or have a lot of random ingredients in my pantry I want to use, but don't quite know what to do with.

You can search by all the ingredients you DO want (ie the stuff you've already got in your pantry or freezer or whatever you want, and by all the ingredients you DON'T want (onions, peppers, etc). Then it searches the site's database of recipes and gives you every recipe they have that contains the ingredients you wanted, and leaves out recipes with the ingredients you didn't want. There will probably be hundreds of results for you to search through and try out. And they're rated by other users so you'll get an idea of which ones you might want to look into!

Good luck!

Comment

• all recipes.com is my friend! You can do an ingredient search and be specific with ingredients you want as well as do not want. You can save recipes you like in a "recipe box" for easy access.

Just a note about onions... They add so much flavor the key is using a small amount and having them diced fine! I have an awesome Food Chopper that does a wonderful job at this or a Mandoline. If you need more info on these tools send me a PM.
            "When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don't see the one that has opened for us."
            Helen Keller

Comment

• HAHA - All Recipes is the BEST! And I agree with KM, the ingredient search is a definite plus!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kdykes View Post
                my husband and I do not eat bell peppers or anything with onions in it but onion powder is fine. He wants me to start making different meals than the stuff we always have.
                I just put up a new recipe for cheese bread! You should check it out =]

Also, you should try this really easy and inexpensive recipe for swiss steak.

Find a really cheap, hard cut of steak. A small can or two of tomato paste and some swiss cheese.

Thaw out the meat, beat it until it's tender and cook it to your liking on the stove. Turn down the heat a bit, drain any blood or fat from the pan and then add enough tomato paste to cover the top of the steak. Then, add a piece or two of swiss cheese and wait a minute for it to melt. And that's it!

The only preparation time is beating the meat and then cooking it depends on how well done you like it. =]
                "A loving heart is the truest wisdom"-Charles Dickens

"True love stories never have endings." - Richard Bach

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." - Ghandi

Wait for the guy who would do anything to be your everything <3

Comment

• How about an italian meal?

Why don't you surprise him with an italian recipe? I guess it would sound really new to him! Here's a delicious pasta fish recipe I found in an italian cookbook and translated into english for my recipe blog... Try it out! It's really a delicacy!!

PAPPARDELLE WITH SEA BASS SAUCE

Ingredients (for 4 people)

400 grams (14 oz) pappardelle (or other kinds of pasta such as tagliatelle, fusilli, farfalle or penne)
                  1 sea bass (300 grams – 10 ½ oz)
                  200 grams (7 oz) chopped tomato flesh
                  15 grams (½ oz) fresh dill
                  1 clove of garlic
                  ½ cup single cream
                  1 glass of dry white wine
                  2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
                  salt

Directions

Clean and wash sea bass, put it into a large saucepan full of hot water and let it boil uncovered on a low heat for about 8 minutes.
                  Take the fish out of the pan, put it in a dish and fillet it. Put 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a large pan and let them fry lightly with minced garlic, then add sea bass pulp and crumbled dill. Let them cook uncovered on low heat for about 8 minutes, turning over now and then. Pour wine over the fish and stir frequently until it has completely evaporated. Then add chopped tomato flesh, let the sauce cook on low heat until it thickens and, finally, add salt and thin down with single cream. Let the sauce cook for 10 minutes more, until it reaches a creamy consistency. Put a pan of water over heat and when it boils add a dash of salt. When the water begins to boil again, add pappardelle and cook for the time indicated on the box, mixing it immediately after added and then occasionally. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce, stirring until they are well mixed together.
                  If you like, you can replace pappardelle with any other kinds of pasta: fusilli, tagliatelle, farfalle or penne are really good!
                  Rather than aiming for being perfect, just aim to be a little bit better today than you were yesterday

Comment

• how about a stew? they always go down well with my other half, its simple, potatoes, mushrooms and any vegetable you like really! Chicken and beef are great, seal the meat before stewing, season with onion poweder a little garlic pepper when you seal and you can salt once cooked to taste. Mostly cooks between hour to hour and a half! to taste really. Some people like it crunchy and other dont, lots of great stocks out there, i use simple beef onion gravy from bisto, fills the house with lovely aroma and like you have been cooking for hours, and you can brag about how hard you worked, the lord knows i do Serve up with batch loaf to dip ! yum nom noms
                    Take it easy! One step at a time x

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Old member

welcome back chaya

it must have taken time to divorce from your husband
                      so there was time to change your mind, forgive, and stop the...

Yesterday, 05:54 PM By amy40
                    • Reply to Old member

It really isn't a matter of being "wrong" or facing any sort of judgement. It is just a matter of doing what is best for you and your daughter....

Yesterday, 10:51 AM By Ashlee T.
                    • Reply to Which is the best way to decrease weight?

It sounds like mini cakes are not a useful diet food, no matter how mini they are....

Yesterday, 02:00 AM By jns
                    • Reply to Gut Health

Everybody has bacteria in their gut. Various bacteria colonize the gut shortly after birth and I supposes that the last bacteria die slightly after death...

Yesterday, 01:58 AM By jns
                    • Reply to Old member

I think you have to trust what your heart is telling you: not what you "should" do. Do what will make YOU happy. Sometimes we all have to forgive...

02-15-2020, 02:20 PM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Old member

I haven't been on here for a long time. This forum helped me get my life together. Having reached a new low in my life, I'm back for more advice. I'm...

02-14-2020, 03:48 AM By chaya
                    • Can I bed my mother in law?

I'm 40 married. My wife is ok if I bed other woman as far as she don't know who it is and it's not in the same bed as hers. We had a open discussion on...

02-11-2020, 01:12 PM By sam.extcool
                    • Knowing when to push at the doctors?

Hello ladies!

A little bit of background. I am a 30yo mom of 3 kids (ages 10, 5, & 2) - I had all via c-section, also had my tubes...

02-10-2020, 02:30 PM By AnneDixon
                    • Just to say Hi!!

Hello everyone, What's up?

02-08-2020, 04:45 AM By Emily2020
                    • Dating married man and need advice

So I have been seeing someone for five months. During our third date, this man told me he was married, but was now divorcing. I believed him, however...

01-31-2020, 05:47 AM By MariaL
                    Working...
                    X