Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Beans and Quinoa

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Red Beans and Quinoa

Quinoa is incredibly good for us. (google it, you'll see ) So are beans. Sooo...

Get yourself some Quinoa. Boil it. Season it with a bit of salt and pepper. Otherwise it's very bland. Cook up some dried red beans (preferably dried not canned due to sodium and preservatives) and season them with chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Some people might even like to add a little heat with some cayenne to the dish. Eat it like you'd eat beans and rice, except you get mega protein and fiber from Quinoa along with lots of other great nutrients.

Enjoy!!
    "Be what you're looking for."

• Just make sure your partner eats this too and you'll be fine
    Happy and Taken!

Comment

• Lol!! I eat beans so often that they are no longer gas producing for me. I forget that maybe other people aren't as lucky. Well, and you could always take beano before. That's what I used to do and it worked great.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Comment

• its ok lol. If I'm with someone I truley love it wouldnt bother me.
        Happy and Taken!

Comment

• BD< I tried the Quinoa...Not this recipe, but another one and it was pretty yummy. I do need a mesh strainer though...
          [COLOR="Magenta"]If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.
          -Andy Rooney[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]It is discouraging how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.--Noel Coward [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Live your life and forget your age. --Norman Vincent Peale[/COLOR]

Comment

• I'm glad you liked it!! It's SO good for you. I have a small mesh strainer and some of it still goes through a bit, but not too bad. It's really easy to place it in the strainer to rinse before you cook. Otherwise it's really hard to rinse.

It's sort of like my experience with beans, the more I eat Quinoa, the more I like it and crave it.

You can go to allrecipes.com and type in Quinoa recipes and find ALL kinds of things to do with it.

Comment

• I'm definitely going to try some more ingredients and see what happens We made it with peppers and it was fantastic. I am thinking next time trying some sundried tomatoes
              [COLOR="Magenta"]If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.
              -Andy Rooney[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]It is discouraging how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.--Noel Coward [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Live your life and forget your age. --Norman Vincent Peale[/COLOR]

Comment

• Red Beans and Quinoa

Seems to be delicious and yummy..I'm really gonna try this..
                Thanks for sharing..

Comment

• errrr......I always wonder what someone did to make them be banned......

KYGirl, I'm not a fan of peppers but pretty much everyone I know is, I will have to mention that to my mom, she LOVES peppers and she's a big fan of quinoa too. She makes a cold quinoa salad that everyone totally loves. I'll have to get her recipe for it and pass it along.

Comment

• Yeah Ive been looking for the topic in question!
                    Happy and Taken!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Can I bed my mother in law?

If you both think your marriage is otherwise happy, and your wife is accepting of your seeking sexual gratification elsewhere, I somehow think an exception...

Today, 06:47 AM By atskitty2
                    • What do you mean by Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)?

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, commonly known as PCOS is a health condition that affects 10 million women in the world. Genetics, as well as environmental...

Yesterday, 10:51 PM By laiqadm
                    • I can't get over it!

My baby was stillborn. It's been two years now but still, I can't get over it. Also, I couldn't conceive after that. So, I am looking forward to adopting...

Yesterday, 09:13 PM By Emily2020
                    • Reply to Can I bed my mother in law?

Thanks for the advise...

Yesterday, 09:50 AM By sam.extcool
                    • Reply to Old member

Out of curiosity, what is making you so miserable about your current situation?
                      What is it that you're really unhappy about, deep down inside?

Yesterday, 04:40 AM By atskitty2

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• What do you mean by Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)?

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, commonly known as PCOS is a health condition that affects 10 million women in the world. Genetics, as well as environmental...

Yesterday, 10:51 PM By laiqadm
                    • I can't get over it!

My baby was stillborn. It's been two years now but still, I can't get over it. Also, I couldn't conceive after that. So, I am looking forward to adopting...

Yesterday, 09:13 PM By Emily2020
                    • Old member

I haven't been on here for a long time. This forum helped me get my life together. Having reached a new low in my life, I'm back for more advice. I'm...

02-14-2020, 03:48 AM By chaya
                    • Can I bed my mother in law?

I'm 40 married. My wife is ok if I bed other woman as far as she don't know who it is and it's not in the same bed as hers. We had a open discussion on...

02-11-2020, 01:12 PM By sam.extcool
                    • Knowing when to push at the doctors?

Hello ladies!

A little bit of background. I am a 30yo mom of 3 kids (ages 10, 5, & 2) - I had all via c-section, also had my tubes...

02-10-2020, 02:30 PM By AnneDixon
                    Working...
                    X