Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eggplant/Zucchini/Squash Recipes

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Eggplant/Zucchini/Squash Recipes

Since summer is swiftly approaching, I will be eating a lot of the above.. Anyone have any good recipes with eggplant, zucchini or squash??
    [COLOR="Magenta"]If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.
    -Andy Rooney[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]It is discouraging how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.--Noel Coward [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Live your life and forget your age. --Norman Vincent Peale[/COLOR]

• No recipes per se, but these are great grilling veggies,

mixure of extra virgin olive oil and a combination of any "woodsy" herbs like rosemary tyme is pretty good.

stir fry is another good one using lemon zest (or orange zest) along with cilantro or other milder herbs.

Comment

• MMmm, I LOVE squash. I love chopping up squash like the size of large french fries, rubbing each piece with olive oil, then salt, pepper, and bake on 400. Then, once they're done I sprinkle them with either Italian blend or Mozarella cheese. YUM!!!!!

Also, love to boil squash, add a sprinkle of dehydrated onion, mash it up....add some salt and butter. YUM AGAIN!!

Sometimes I even chop it up raw and put it on a salad.
      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Pretty darn good with Quinoa too. And...I noticed Quinoa here in the store is like almost 7 dollars for a 6 oz bag. You can go to Nuts Online (google it since I cant link) and buy a lb of organic pre-rinsed Quinoa for 3.99 per lb! Plus, they're totally FABULOUS to order from. Quick delivery, excellent product and great customer service. Just throwin that in.
        "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Chicken breasts with zucchini

If you like chicken, these chicken breasts with zucchini are really good!

Ingredients (for 2 people)

400 grams (14 oz) zucchini
          350 grams (12 oz) chicken breasts
          4 tablespoons olive oil
          1 clove of garlic
          salt
          pepper

Directions

Cut zucchini into thin slices, put them into a large pan with two tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper and a clove of garlic and let them cook covered for about 15 minutes, turning them over now and then.

Chop the chicken breasts into small pieces, rinse, dry and dust with flour. Then put them into another large pan with two tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper and let them cook uncovered for about 10 minutes, turning them over until they have sufficiently browned.

Then unite chicken and zucchini in the same pan and let them cook together for a few minutes, always turning over, until they are perfectly mixed.
          Rather than aiming for being perfect, just aim to be a little bit better today than you were yesterday

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X