Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noodle Soup!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Noodle Soup!

Noodles
    Bacon/mixed meat
    Onions
    Garlic
    Olive Oil
    Squid Sauce (squid oil)
    Shrimp Paste
    Soy Sauce
    Green and Red Peppers
    Sherry
    Stock
    Thai Curry Powder
    Spring Onions
    Carrot
    Sweet Chilli Sauce

Basically, there is no real measurements! Just add to taste.

First cut up the onions, garlic, spring onion, carrot and peppers. Then cut up the meat, keep seperate.

Fry up the veggies in the olive oil, then add the meat. At high heat, tip in soy sauce, then squid sauce, and maybe a dab of shrimp paste. Fry up, and keep adding soy sauce and squid sauce. Add in some sweet chilli sauce, to the concentrated mix.

When Cooked, add water or stock. Boil up, and add further sauces, oils or essences. When boiling add the noodle block into the stock and boil up! Serve in a bowl, with the noodles swimming! This is a very vague recipie prone to change. I dont follow measurements in my cooking.
    Happy and Taken!

• Trust me! Its a taste sensation!
    Happy and Taken!

Comment

• The first time I try to make a "add to taste" recipe it comes out soOOooo bad lmao

But this def. seems worthwhile!
      "A loving heart is the truest wisdom"-Charles Dickens

"True love stories never have endings." - Richard Bach

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." - Ghandi

Wait for the guy who would do anything to be your everything <3

Comment

• HAHA! That happens!

I think a lot of the time it really depends on your palate! If you like spicey, GO for the chili sauce!

It's also a loose recipe which is great. If you're not a fan of the squid oil (which I happen to love!) - or pretty much any other ingredient, you could omit it and it would still be a sensational recipe.

Anon, I've actually wrote this one down when you first posted it, I have yet to make it, but I'll let you know how it turns out!

Comment

• Its very vague so make it as you go. The sherry isnt neccasary, its just used in sweet and sour sauce a lot.

Just fry the veggies, meat and add sauces and stuff to taste, then stock or water, then the noodles! It takes up to 35 mins from scratch.
          Happy and Taken!

Comment

• Is this something that you invented? Or is it something that you found in a book and adjusted it?

I bet that you could add XO sauce to it too, if you like the fishy element and it would be fan-freaking-tastic....

Comment

• Yeah I made it up. Tbh its based on a normal noodle soup! Essentailly a stir fry with water added to it, if you sum it up!
              Happy and Taken!

Comment

• You could totally take the noodle part out and have a fantastic stir fry too! Totally! Now I'm hungry, and much to my chagrin I have only ramen (total sucker for it sometimes) so I shall harken back to my college years and have some ramen and pretend that it's this delicious cuisine!

Comment

• Nah you want noodles in a stir fry! You mean the soup part.
                  Happy and Taken!

Comment

• Fair enough!!!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Old member

welcome back chaya

it must have taken time to divorce from your husband
                      so there was time to change your mind, forgive, and stop the...

Yesterday, 05:54 PM By amy40
                    • Reply to Old member

It really isn't a matter of being "wrong" or facing any sort of judgement. It is just a matter of doing what is best for you and your daughter....

Yesterday, 10:51 AM By Ashlee T.
                    • Reply to Which is the best way to decrease weight?

It sounds like mini cakes are not a useful diet food, no matter how mini they are....

Yesterday, 02:00 AM By jns
                    • Reply to Gut Health

Everybody has bacteria in their gut. Various bacteria colonize the gut shortly after birth and I supposes that the last bacteria die slightly after death...

Yesterday, 01:58 AM By jns
                    • Reply to Old member

I think you have to trust what your heart is telling you: not what you "should" do. Do what will make YOU happy. Sometimes we all have to forgive...

02-15-2020, 02:20 PM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Old member

I haven't been on here for a long time. This forum helped me get my life together. Having reached a new low in my life, I'm back for more advice. I'm...

02-14-2020, 03:48 AM By chaya
                    • Can I bed my mother in law?

I'm 40 married. My wife is ok if I bed other woman as far as she don't know who it is and it's not in the same bed as hers. We had a open discussion on...

02-11-2020, 01:12 PM By sam.extcool
                    • Knowing when to push at the doctors?

Hello ladies!

A little bit of background. I am a 30yo mom of 3 kids (ages 10, 5, & 2) - I had all via c-section, also had my tubes...

02-10-2020, 02:30 PM By AnneDixon
                    • Just to say Hi!!

Hello everyone, What's up?

02-08-2020, 04:45 AM By Emily2020
                    • Dating married man and need advice

So I have been seeing someone for five months. During our third date, this man told me he was married, but was now divorcing. I believed him, however...

01-31-2020, 05:47 AM By MariaL
                    Working...
                    X