Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soothie Recipes Anyone?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Soothie Recipes Anyone?

So I'm starting a diet type thing and for the last 4 days or so I've had a Strawberry Banana Smoothie for lunch and have been able to feel full the rest of the day until dinner.

I use 6 strawberries, one banana, 1/2 cup of milk and half a cup of plain yogurt (or flavored) and then blend with a few ice cubes and it's amazing!

I'm looking for some other recipes though so I don't get sick of this one over time. Anyone got any good smoothie recipes?

• Oh my goodness! Anything really works. Buy those frozen berries, toss in with some milk and/or yogurt. You can use ANYTHING... Apples, melons, peaches, pineapples, blueberries, cherries. Adding honey always gives them a good flavor.

Below are some suggestions from Mes_T. As she says, adding spinach, I've tried it, can't even taste it.

- A frozen banana (frozen fruits are great because they give it that smoothie consistency that you might expect from an ice cream shake or something)
    - A handful of frozen strawberries
    - Couple of spoonfuls of flax seeds (which are very beneficial)
    - A handful of spinach leaves (this gives it that green color without actually making it taste like vegetables)
    - Half a cup or more of water

Actually that makes more than one cup of smoothie, but whatever, it's nice to go for seconds.

If you want it to be more filling, add some soy or regular milk instead of water.

And play with the combinations. Try carrots, apples, lettuce... When you pass that section in the grocery store, just think about the creative ways you can combine certain things.

In the past I've also added some maple syrup to make it extra sweet, but I find that it's usually not necessary.

Comment

• PB & J smoothie

1/2 cup frozen strawberries
      1 banana
      1 tbsp of peanut butter
      1/2 cup milk
      alittle bit of honey

Comment

• I've heard of the PB and Strawberry smoothie but I get sick of Peanut Butter pretty fast.
        Thinking about getting some oranges, more strawberries, maybe blueberries if we can find any as well as a few other fruits like pineapple to mix in. Thought about peaches and pears to.

Comment

• Do a thread search, we had a thread on this a year ago or so.

Comment

• Here's one of them, there are a couple more

http://www.womens-health.com/boards/...smoothies.html

Comment

• I just bought a blender and I'm ready to play!
              [IMG]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n78/jennimassa/pinupgirls-1.jpg[/IMG]C'mon girls - let's have some FUN!

Comment

• I live on smoothies! What I do is just buy bags of frozen berries at the grocery store. You can get any sort of crazy assortment of fruit raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, pinapple, mango, cantelope, orange... anything! I keep those in my freezer and just toss whatever ones I want into my blender, add a banana, orange juice and I'm ready to go!

Don't forget that you can use more tart juices too. Lemon juice and lime juice are great to put in for refreshing smoothies in the summer. (my favorite is cranberries, strawberries, lime juice. YUM!)

Comment

• Yea, I was thinking about getting some frozen fruit instead of fresh. It's probably cheaper and I'm sure the outcome is just as good!
                  Thanks guys

Comment

• Gotta say a Pear, Blueberry and Banana smoothie is to die for!

Mix in half a Pear, chopped up
                    One Banana
                    and about a half cup of frozen or fresh blueberries.
                    Mix in 1/2 a cup of milk and a 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt and blend.
                    Yummy!!

Comment

• I like to put a chunk of nopal (cactus paddle) in if you can get it. It's fiber, protein and a bunch of other great stuff and has a nice "green" taste. Don't use too much though. And, I use frozen bananas so I'd don't need ice cubes.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Old member

welcome back chaya

it must have taken time to divorce from your husband
                        so there was time to change your mind, forgive, and stop the...

Yesterday, 05:54 PM By amy40
                      • Reply to Old member

It really isn't a matter of being "wrong" or facing any sort of judgement. It is just a matter of doing what is best for you and your daughter....

Yesterday, 10:51 AM By Ashlee T.
                      • Reply to Which is the best way to decrease weight?

It sounds like mini cakes are not a useful diet food, no matter how mini they are....

Yesterday, 02:00 AM By jns
                      • Reply to Gut Health

Everybody has bacteria in their gut. Various bacteria colonize the gut shortly after birth and I supposes that the last bacteria die slightly after death...

Yesterday, 01:58 AM By jns
                      • Reply to Old member

I think you have to trust what your heart is telling you: not what you "should" do. Do what will make YOU happy. Sometimes we all have to forgive...

02-15-2020, 02:20 PM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Old member

I haven't been on here for a long time. This forum helped me get my life together. Having reached a new low in my life, I'm back for more advice. I'm...

02-14-2020, 03:48 AM By chaya
                      • Can I bed my mother in law?

I'm 40 married. My wife is ok if I bed other woman as far as she don't know who it is and it's not in the same bed as hers. We had a open discussion on...

02-11-2020, 01:12 PM By sam.extcool
                      • Knowing when to push at the doctors?

Hello ladies!

A little bit of background. I am a 30yo mom of 3 kids (ages 10, 5, & 2) - I had all via c-section, also had my tubes...

02-10-2020, 02:30 PM By AnneDixon
                      • Just to say Hi!!

Hello everyone, What's up?

02-08-2020, 04:45 AM By Emily2020
                      • Dating married man and need advice

So I have been seeing someone for five months. During our third date, this man told me he was married, but was now divorcing. I believed him, however...

01-31-2020, 05:47 AM By MariaL
                      Working...
                      X