Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A healthy homemade salad dressing - MUST TRY!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• A healthy homemade salad dressing - MUST TRY!

If you're like me and get tired of the regular old salad dressings, give this easy homemade one a try.

Use either an empty olive oil bottle or a small container with a top. (Easier if you use something you can pour it out of when using).

The easy thing about this recipe is you use the basic ingredients, but add them based on your tastes.

I use Light or Extra Light Olive Oil.

1. Pour 1/2 cup of olive oil into container (or however much you want to make)
    2. Add 1/4 tsp minced garlic
    3. Add 1/4 tsp basil
    4. Add 1 tbsp lemon juice
    5. Add 1 tbsp lime juice
    6. Add 1/4 tsp grey poupon mustard (basically only for consistency)
    7. Salt and pepper

Once you've mixed it all together well, taste test. If it needs a bit more tang to it, add some more citrus. Add more salt, pepper, garlic to your own taste.

This does not need to be refrigerated but must be sealed. Try it on a fresh salad. YUM!!!!!!

PS. I'd also recommend adding some wasabi peas to your salad.
    "Be what you're looking for."

• What regular dressing would you compare this too?
    Like is it more ranchy?
    Or cesary?

Comment

• Sounds delicious, I'll give it a try.

Comment

• What regular dressing would you compare this too?
        Like is it more ranchy?
        Or cesary?
        Consistency wise, more like ceasar. But taste wise, it's unlike either of those. There's just something about the salty garlicy flavor with the citrus and basil that gives it a fresh invigorating flavor.

I guess you could say it's along the same lines as the dressing at Olive Garden.....in a way.

Comment

• The Olive Garden dressing is one of the BEST!!! Ever since I found out you could buy it, I do. We eat a lot of salad too, so I'll definitely have to give this a try. I'm a garlic fiend though, lol.

Comment

• Lana - I had no idea until recently OG packaged and sold their dressing. But I will say..... this dressing, freshly made, suited to your tastes is in high competition with OG's in my opinion. My mom introduced me to this recipe and that's when I started to love eating salad. I love garlic too. With this dressing, it's all about getting the right mixture of lemon/lime and salt. MMMmm. I'm making myself hungry. Stuffed eggplant (recipe previously posted) is on the menu for tonight.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Old member

welcome back chaya

it must have taken time to divorce from your husband
              so there was time to change your mind, forgive, and stop the...

Yesterday, 05:54 PM By amy40
            • Reply to Old member

It really isn't a matter of being "wrong" or facing any sort of judgement. It is just a matter of doing what is best for you and your daughter....

Yesterday, 10:51 AM By Ashlee T.
            • Reply to Which is the best way to decrease weight?

It sounds like mini cakes are not a useful diet food, no matter how mini they are....

Yesterday, 02:00 AM By jns
            • Reply to Gut Health

Everybody has bacteria in their gut. Various bacteria colonize the gut shortly after birth and I supposes that the last bacteria die slightly after death...

Yesterday, 01:58 AM By jns
            • Reply to Old member

I think you have to trust what your heart is telling you: not what you "should" do. Do what will make YOU happy. Sometimes we all have to forgive...

02-15-2020, 02:20 PM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Old member

I haven't been on here for a long time. This forum helped me get my life together. Having reached a new low in my life, I'm back for more advice. I'm...

02-14-2020, 03:48 AM By chaya
            • Can I bed my mother in law?

I'm 40 married. My wife is ok if I bed other woman as far as she don't know who it is and it's not in the same bed as hers. We had a open discussion on...

02-11-2020, 01:12 PM By sam.extcool
            • Knowing when to push at the doctors?

Hello ladies!

A little bit of background. I am a 30yo mom of 3 kids (ages 10, 5, & 2) - I had all via c-section, also had my tubes...

02-10-2020, 02:30 PM By AnneDixon
            • Just to say Hi!!

Hello everyone, What's up?

02-08-2020, 04:45 AM By Emily2020
            • Dating married man and need advice

So I have been seeing someone for five months. During our third date, this man told me he was married, but was now divorcing. I believed him, however...

01-31-2020, 05:47 AM By MariaL
            Working...
            X