Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breakfast Quinoa (Vegetarian or vegan)

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Breakfast Quinoa (Vegetarian or vegan)

1 cup quinoa, cooked (in water, not stock)
    1/2 water
    1 teaspoon unsalted butter/coconut oil
    1 tablespoon honey (optional)
    dash cinnamon
    1/3 cup golden raisins
    1/4 cup almonds/sunflower seeds/filberts/walnuts, etc
    1/2 cup whole milk, almond milk or soy milk (experiment to see what feels best in your tummy)

Place prepared or leftover quinoa in a sauce pan. Add water, butter, cinnamon and raisins.

Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until the cereal thickens slightly.

Garnish with nuts. Pour milk over.

Add some berries, grated apple, peaches, or other fruit according to taste. Makes one very hearty serving or two more modest ones.

Experiment with adding sesame seeds, vanilla or orange essence, other spices, and feel good that you're eating a wonderful truly whole grain breakfast with lots of great protein in it.
    Eowyn Levene

live simply, live well

• Quinoa is excellent and so good for us. Gonna try this one for sure!! Thanks for sharing.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• that Quinoa recipe sounds great but is it high in cals?
      Dead animals don't equal fashion it equals cruelty

Comment

• The quinoa itself is about 188 calories per 1.8 oz (50g), 3 grams of fat, 3 grams of fiber, and 7 grams of protein. So IMO, low cal, high protein, high fiber, and packed with lots of other nutrients.
        "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• that sounds awesome I am so gonna try it!!
          Dead animals don't equal fashion it equals cruelty

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Old member

welcome back chaya

it must have taken time to divorce from your husband
            so there was time to change your mind, forgive, and stop the...

Yesterday, 05:54 PM By amy40
          • Reply to Old member

It really isn't a matter of being "wrong" or facing any sort of judgement. It is just a matter of doing what is best for you and your daughter....

Yesterday, 10:51 AM By Ashlee T.
          • Reply to Which is the best way to decrease weight?

It sounds like mini cakes are not a useful diet food, no matter how mini they are....

Yesterday, 02:00 AM By jns
          • Reply to Gut Health

Everybody has bacteria in their gut. Various bacteria colonize the gut shortly after birth and I supposes that the last bacteria die slightly after death...

Yesterday, 01:58 AM By jns
          • Reply to Old member

I think you have to trust what your heart is telling you: not what you "should" do. Do what will make YOU happy. Sometimes we all have to forgive...

02-15-2020, 02:20 PM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Old member

I haven't been on here for a long time. This forum helped me get my life together. Having reached a new low in my life, I'm back for more advice. I'm...

02-14-2020, 03:48 AM By chaya
          • Can I bed my mother in law?

I'm 40 married. My wife is ok if I bed other woman as far as she don't know who it is and it's not in the same bed as hers. We had a open discussion on...

02-11-2020, 01:12 PM By sam.extcool
          • Knowing when to push at the doctors?

Hello ladies!

A little bit of background. I am a 30yo mom of 3 kids (ages 10, 5, & 2) - I had all via c-section, also had my tubes...

02-10-2020, 02:30 PM By AnneDixon
          • Just to say Hi!!

Hello everyone, What's up?

02-08-2020, 04:45 AM By Emily2020
          • Dating married man and need advice

So I have been seeing someone for five months. During our third date, this man told me he was married, but was now divorcing. I believed him, however...

01-31-2020, 05:47 AM By MariaL
          Working...
          X