Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crockpot Breakfast Quinoa

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Crockpot Breakfast Quinoa

Healthy, delicious, easy and recipe makes enough to give you about 1 cup per day for 5-6 days. YUM!

1 1/2 cups quinoa (rinsed)
    3 cups water
    5 packs Truvia (or Stevia)
    4 Tablespoons maple syrup
    1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins (no sugar added)
    slivered almonds
    1/4 teaspoon of salt (do not forget this part)

Put all ingredients in crockpot and stir. Cook on low overnight. I think adding a dab of pure vanilla would be good too.

Serving size 3/4 cup
    Calories 243
    Fat 6.7g
    Protein 9g
    Carbs 37g
    Sugar 13g
    Sodium 88g

I didn't get the fiber count on this recipe. But quinoa is a very good source of fiber.

Enjoy!
    "Be what you're looking for."

• This looks awesome BD! Thanks for sharing!

Does it keep well in the fridge?

Comment

• Seems to. If ever it seems a bit dry when you take it from the fridge, just add a dab of milk or water before reheating. I suppose it would also be good cold.
      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• I love cooking in crock pot. i do it all the time here. I will try your ideas. My brother loves that stuff. Thanks

Comment

• Quinoa (Keen-wah) is an amazing little whole grain.

I would suggest that everyone who is interested in improving the quality of the calories they consume, use it in place of white rice or other pasta that is cut to a like or similar size.

The benefits of consuming an entire grain (with the germ still attached) that is high in fiber are very beneficial.

So try Quinoa next time...

Comment

• I love quinoa - def trying this!!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
            • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            Working...
            X