Healthy Fat-Burning Chocolate Pudding

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Healthy Fat-Burning Chocolate Pudding

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Healthy Fat-Burning Chocolate Pudding

This recipe will make about 2-4 servings and is a great healthy dessert or late night snack)

1/2 of a ripe avocado (soft to touch)
    approx 3 tablespoons of almond butter (preferably raw if possible)
    approx 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk (preferably organic)
    2 heaping tablespoons of organic cocoa powder
    1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
    1 packet of stevia (or enough to your desired sweetness level)
    1/2 to 3/4 of a scoop of chocolate protein powder (my new favorite is an awesome GRASS-FED raw whey protein I found here)
    just a small pinch of sea salt
    Put the avocado and almond butter into a bowl and mash together with a fork until smooth. Then add all of the other ingredients into the bowl and mix together vigorously until all is mixed and smooth. If you're good with a food processor, you can use that too, but I just mash everything together by hand.

If everything went right, the consistency will be similar to pudding... except normal pudding makes you FAT with loads of sugar! My healthy pudding recipe will actually HELP you to burn fat, control cravings, and satisfy your body's need for micro-nutrients, protein, healthy fats, and fiber.

If the pudding ends up too thick, simply add a bit more almond milk or coconut milk for more moisture until the consistency seems right.

If you want to get a little wild and add some more nutrient-rich additions, feel free to add some chopped pecans, chia seeds, rice bran, or walnuts at the end. And it tastes great to top this dish with some sliced strawberries!
    Last edited by Ashlee T.; 02-01-2013, 11:01 AM. Reason: Removed instruction to visit outbound link

• Oh, Lorain! I have made something like this and just LOVED it! Tasty!Mine had no almond butter in it, but that would be good to try. I used Xyletol for sweetener. My husband HATES avocados, but I served it to him as "chocolate pudding," and he loved it -- then I told him what was in it.
    It's always disappointing when someone lies to me, then I look down, and their pants aren't on fire.

Comment

• Hi

Was that you in the profile picture? fat burning chocolate pudding! Hot name and it is surely a hot cake if that happened on your avatar!

Comment

• If chocolate can burn fat then it is very amazing and I think that you have prescribed some delicious meal for the day!

Comment

• Who doesn't love chocolate. Hehe. Will try cooking this one. Thanks! Hope my daughter's gonna love it and will ask for more but of course not too much, eh.
          "I make sure I do my best, because it is always worth it, no matter what you want to achieve in life."
          ANDREIA BRAZIER

Comment

• Not a big avocado fan, but always willing to try new things. This sounds truly amazing, and I WILL try this one soon as possible. Thank you so much for sharing

Comment

• Mmm, that does sound yummy, and I'm a sucker for chocolate.

Comment

• Will forward this to the GF. She makes killer vegan cookies and cupcakes.

Have to admit that before I opened this topic, I expected it to be loaded with sugar (which does the opposite of burn fat). The avocado is an interesting ingredient, but it makes sense when I think about it.
                [B]"Are you serious? You're [i]bleeping[/I] THAT girl?"[/B][B] - [COLOR="#B22222"]jen1447[/COLOR][/B]

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X