• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

salads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salads

i need suggestions for salads please give me advices

Hi Rita,

Have a look in our Recipe section via the Nutrition section above, there are quite a few recipes there for you to view.

A good one though is Chinese Cabbage shredded, spring onions, sliced small, a packet of chinese noodles, 1/4 cup of oil, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 3 drops of seseme oil, heat on low until sugar has disolved. Dry roast some almond slivers,
    combine the cabbage, spring onions, and noodles and toss together, then pour over dressing and sprinkle the slivers on top.
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

Originally posted by rita wright View Post
      Hey rita, Try this salad recipe....
      1 cup mini marshmallows,
      1 cup drained pineapple chunks
      1 cup shredded coconut
      1 cup sour cream
      1 cup drained maidarin orange
      Mix all marshmallows, pineapple, coconut, sour cream and orange in a bowl... Cover and refrigerate until flavor blend 5 to 6 hours...

Comment

hey Rita, after you try on the above by a2z, let me know! I have some easy recipe too..

Comment

Kale Chopped Salad with Maple-Almond Vinaigrette

serves 2

Ingredients:
          2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
          2 large shallots, thinly sliced
          salt
          2 cups Brussels sprouts
          4 cups lacinto kale, ribs removed and finely chopped (about 1 bunch)
          1/4 cup sliced almonds
          1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
          1/4 cup dried cranberries or 1/2 chopped fresh apple
          4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled

For the Maple-Almond Vinaigrette:
          2 Tablespoons creamy almond butter (or tahini)
          2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
          1 Tablespoon real maple syrup
          1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

Directions:

For the Maple-Almond Vinaigrette: Whisk together almond butter (or tahini,) balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, and olive oil in a small bowl. Microwave for 15-20 seconds to help get almond butter smooth, if necessary. Set aside in the refrigerator.

Heat olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat (6 out of 10.) Add half the shallots then fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain then repeat with remaining shallots. Sprinkle with salt then set aside.

Trim ends off Brussels sprouts then remove outer leaves. Shave sprouts very thinly on a mandolin or slice very thinly with a knife, starting at the green end and stopping just before reaching the white, hard end. The thinner the better. Toss to separate shreds then remove any big pieces of tough white core.

Combine shaved sprouts in a large bowl with kale, almonds, parmesan cheese, dried cranberries (or apples,) crumbled bacon, and fried shallots then toss with Maple-Almond Vinaigrette and serve.

Comment

Originally posted by rita wright View Post
            I think google is your best answere

Comment

You can use fresh vegetables, cabbage, cucumber,tomato and many more in your salad. Salad contains many minerals and protein that is helpful for your body.

Comment

I have 10 best recipes for salads and they are tasty and healthy too. If you want you can check this link to get the recipe.
                Last edited by jns; Yesterday, 01:30 PM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by a2zlifestyle View Post

Hey rita, Try this salad recipe....
                  1 cup mini marshmallows,
                  1 cup drained pineapple chunks
                  1 cup shredded coconut
                  1 cup sour cream
                  1 cup drained maidarin orange
                  Mix all marshmallows, pineapple, coconut, sour cream and orange in a bowl... Cover and refrigerate until flavor blend 5 to 6 hours...
                  I love marshmallows.

Comment

Working...
                  X