Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken Fried Spam

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Chicken Fried Spam

Chicken Fried Spam

I found this recipe on the web, being from Hawaii I love spam. I made it for my husband, he ate it and didn't hate it (too much.) I loved it and will make it again.

Ingredients
    1 (16 ounce) can Spam lite, sliced about 1/2 inch thick
    2 cups self rising flour, seasoned with pepper
    2 eggs, slightly beaten
    1/8 cup hot sauce
    1/8 cup milk
    1/4 cup oil ( for frying)

Directions
    Mix eggs, milk and hot sauce in a bowl. Hot sauce does not maintain it's heat so use how much you want.

Put flour salt and pepper in another bowl.

Heat oil in a pan to about 300 deg. I use peanut oil.

Dip Spam in egg then flour and fry until golden brown. Serve with Chicken gravy. mashed Potatoes and green beans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
    ― Bodhidharma

• sounds.......erm.....interesting!
    To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.

Comment

• Very Hawaiian.
      "The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you." Despair.com "Dysfunction"

Comment

• very interesting)

Comment

• I noticed this thread, recently revived.

The recipe given by chaya, perhaps with minor modifications, is made quite often in parts of s.e. Asia where my wife comes from. We used to eat it there and she still makes it here sometimes. She'll make it for breakfast. Not bad at all.

It's quite awhile since we lived there, but it seems to me that they had a local canned meat product that was like spam. Here she uses the "real" thing. Life has gotta' be good when you can get real spam! Enough of it finds its way onto this forum, and in my email everyday, that we should be able to feed the world. I just have to figure out how to extract it from my computer.
          I do not grow old; if I stop growing, I am old.

Comment

• Well, BB, instead of reporting the Spam to the Admins for trash, I will just forward to you . . . Perhaps a 3D printer would do the trick.
            "The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you." Despair.com "Dysfunction"

Comment

• I can just picture that one effy, endless cans of spam spewing from my printer!

Comment

• Originally posted by chaya View Post
                Chicken Fried Spam

I found this recipe on the web, being from Hawaii I love spam. I made it for my husband, he ate it and didn't hate it (too much.) I loved it and will make it again.

Ingredients
                1 (16 ounce) can Spam lite, sliced about 1/2 inch thick
                2 cups self rising flour, seasoned with pepper
                2 eggs, slightly beaten
                1/8 cup hot sauce
                1/8 cup milk
                1/4 cup oil ( for frying)

Directions
                Mix eggs, milk and hot sauce in a bowl. Hot sauce does not maintain it's heat so use how much you want.

Put flour salt and pepper in another bowl.

Heat oil in a pan to about 300 deg. I use peanut oil.

Dip Spam in egg then flour and fry until golden brown. Serve with Chicken gravy. mashed Potatoes and green beans.
                That sounds delicious I am no crazy person for spam but this i could maybe eat. Thanks for the recipe Chaya.
                When out driving always turn left. Then, should you become lost, you can find your way home by reversing the procedure and always turning right.

Comment

• By all means give it a go, MG. It's better than it sounds. It also works well with the "veggie meat" version of spam sold in some places.

Comment

• I've never tried spam...
                    [B]"Are you serious? You're [i]bleeping[/I] THAT girl?"[/B][B] - [COLOR="#B22222"]jen1447[/COLOR][/B]

Comment

• Originally posted by Something_Awesome View Post
                      I've never tried spam...
                      If you do try it, I suggest you get Spam lite, it has half the salt and half the fat. I find original spam to be a bit salty for my taste.
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                      Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
                      ― Bodhidharma

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
                      • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                      • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                      • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                      • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                      Working...
                      X