Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thai food ^^ what's your favorite ?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Thai food ^^ what's your favorite ?

What is every ones favorite Thai food ?

My favorite Thai food is Kra prao pla mug (Plain rice cuttlefish with basil leaves).

I think Thai food is spicy but very delicious.

So, What do you think about Thai food ?

Let's share your opinions
    Last edited by Armelle Lee; 08-01-2013, 08:50 PM.

• I LOVEEeEEEEE Thai food. My favorite are the garden spring rolls (rice wrapper, not deep fried) and the red curry. There's a little place where I live that makes it to perfection. Ohhh...my mouth is watering. Perhaps I'll have to pick up Thai for lunch tomorrow.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Som tam pu pla ra, spicy but not too much. It is julienned green papaya salad with fermented crab. Som means sour, tam is to pound, pu is crab and pla ra (pronounced like pa laa) is a thick fermented fish sauce that is quite odorous. Few foreigners in Thailand (or Laos or Cambodia) try it as the odor puts them off, but the flavor is great and I find it addictive. I have found a small restaurant here in Southern California that makes it reasonably well, so I usually pick up an order to go on Sunday (I order it with raw crab as the fermented crab here are too salty). It is not anywhere near as good as in Thailand.
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Ms Mam.

Give some recipes, we all love Thai food you know I've been there..

Please................................

PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Originally posted by CHANDLERS WISH View Post
          Ms Mam.

Give some recipes, we all love Thai food you know I've been there..

Please................................

Hi,CHANDLERS

What is your favorite kind of food?
          Can you eat spicy food ?

I would recommend the food to you.

Comment

• There is a great Thai restaurant close to where I live. My favorite dish is called Pad Prik Khing. It is beef with a spicy chili based sauce, peppers and kaffir lime leaves. I love spicy! They also make a salad called Nam Sod that is to die for. I don't know the translation for the names of these dishes.

Comment

• I think less chilli the better Armelle.

I know how to cook chinese. So I think I would be good at Thai, nearly took a class there, though there is a place here now in my Country and City, where they have built Thai homes and hold cooking classes,

What I really loved the most was the sauces of the dishes.

For instance with freshly cooked prawns, or meat cakes, or with greens. I am sure it's not just oyster sauce and fish sauce....

Thanks look forward to what you can help me with, we love cooking
              PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Last night we used Skype video chatting to my Thai wife's family because they have got a wi-fi data connection now. That would be useful for teaching cooking.
                I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• I don't know much about Thai food but I do know too hot to eat. My hubby called 2 weeks ago and said he was going to pick up Thai food for dinner, what did I want. He read off some things from the menu I chose Combination Seafood platter. He asked me how much heat I wanted on a scale of 1-10. I like a little hot food so I chose 6. That was a big mistake, it was so hot I had to drink ice water after each bite. Hubby had his an 8, I imagined smoke coming out his ears while he was eating it.

I'm not sure if I liked it or not, my mouth was on fire after the first few bites.
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                  Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
                  ― Bodhidharma

Comment

• The trouble is that you don't know if they're going to spice it for Thai people or the rest of us. I would always order mild and move it up from there over a few times when ordering from a new place.

Comment

• Garden spring rolls are the famous food of Thai. I like it.

Comment

• i like Satay Chicken which is very delicious and keep your body healthy. You can also use it for weight loss! I love this so much.

Comment

• My favourite are the garden spring rolls....!
                          I just loveThai food.

Comment

• I am addicted to Yum Neau, a Thai salad made with BBQ beef slices, lettuce, green onion, roasted rice powder and celery. The dressing is made with chiles, lime, lemongrass, fish sauce and other delicious things.
                            "The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you." Despair.com "Dysfunction"

Comment

• Gang Jued. I just love garden vegetables.
                              "I make sure I do my best, because it is always worth it, no matter what you want to achieve in life."
                              ANDREIA BRAZIER

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X