Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Papaya Sorbet

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Papaya Sorbet

Papaya Sorbet

Ingredients:
    1 ripe papaya, peeled and seeded (save seeds for papaya salad dressing)
    2/3 cup water
    2-3 tablespoons sugar
    1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice

Cut papaya in small pieces, add to blender with other ingredients. Blend until smooth.

Pour mixture in an ice cream maker and process according to directions.

Enjoy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
    ― Bodhidharma

• chaya, I'm actually more interested in the salad dressing. I normally juice the whole fruit with my juices, but with papayas I deseed because they're so bitter. How do you use them? I normally just throw them out, but I hear they're really good for you.
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• This is just the wonderful desert! thank you!

Comment

• This is also healthy and interesting sorbet!;-)
        Pink Grapefruit-Tarragon Sorbet
        INGREDIENTS
        Generous 1 tablespoon freshly grated grapefruit zest
        3 3/4 cups pink or red grapefruit juice (not from concentrate)
        4-7 tablespoons clover honey (see Tips)
        3 tablespoons cranberry juice concentrate (optional)
        1 1/2 tablespoons vodka (optional)
        5 4- to 6-inch sprigs fresh tarragon, plus 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon, divided
        PREPARATION
        Place a quart-size (or larger) storage container for the sorbet in the freezer to prechill.
        Place grapefruit zest, grapefruit juice, 4 tablespoons honey, cranberry juice concentrate (if using) and vodka (if using) in a large nonreactive saucepan (see Tips) and stir thoroughly. Bring just to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring until the honey dissolves. Taste and add more honey, if desired. Stir in tarragon sprigs.
        Remove from the heat. Set aside to infuse the mixture, about 1 hour.
        Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a nonreactive medium bowl, pressing to extract as much liquid as possible. (No ice cream maker? See Granita Variation.) Stir in chopped tarragon. Refrigerate until very cold, at least 3 hours and up to 3 days. Process in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions, about 30 minutes. Transfer the sorbet to the chilled container and freeze until firm, about 2 hours. (The sorbet can be enjoyed right out of the ice cream maker, but the texture will be very soft and it will melt quickly.)

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• U2 Feedback

I love U2: I checked out their website. I think some of the members were rude about U2: which was totally unfair. U2 produce great music and those insults...

09-09-2019, 09:57 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Diagnosis on Netflix

There are only 7 episodes, but I found this to be such an informative, interesting and eye-opening show. I was truly captivated by it and wanted to recommend...

09-05-2019, 07:43 AM By Ashlee T.
        • Is it weird that I'm addicted to giving BJs?

I know this is probably going to sound like a windup but it's a genuine question. And a warning to fellas: any comment along the lines of "come give...

09-04-2019, 06:05 PM By GillBlack
        • High Fat, High Carbohydrate, High Protein – Which Works Best?

When I was struggling to continue my progress last year, a couple of good friends started suggesting that I figure out my “macros” and “reduce carbs.”...

09-04-2019, 12:24 AM By Stillness
        • Hurricane Dorian devastation

I watched some videos from hurricane Dorian last night. I hope our members or readers in the Carribean are safe.

And I suppose our members...

09-03-2019, 07:42 AM By atskitty2
        Working...
        X