Perfect Appetizer!

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perfect Appetizer!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Perfect Appetizer!

OK....believe it or not I am one heck of a cook and I have a recipe some of you I think will enjoy.

You will need...

1 bunch of asparagus.

Some Thin Sliced Provolone Cheese.

Some Thin Sliced Prosciutto.

Some Whole Wheat Pizza Dough or Non-Whole Wheat Vienna Bread Dough.

Melted Butter....Cracked Ground Black Pepper....Sea Salt Ground.

Sunflower Seeds Unshelled....Optional.

Now what you do is STEAM NOT BOIL the Asparagus till they are slightly soft but still bright green...make sure you cut off bottom 3 inches of woody part of stalk and cut remaining stalk in 2 equal sized lengths.

Preheat Oven to 425 Degrees F. if Electric 400 Degrees F. if Gas.

Take all 1/2 length cut asparagus spears and place them in flat bottom bowl or pan and butter and salt and pepper them....light on salt...as cheese has salt in it.

Take 2 asparagus half lengths with tip on end and 2 asparagus half lengths without tip and place them in line 2 spear halves atop 2 spear halves and role them tight in 1 or 2 pieces of provolone cheese depending upon thickness of slices of cheese.

Then roll that with 1 or 2 slices of Prosciutto and wrap tightly.

Take dough and hand roll into snake like length about 1 to 1 1/2 inch in diameter and 1 1/2 Feet long.

Take length of dough and wrap it around asparagus wrapped in Provolone wrapped in Prosciutto but leave spaces of about 1 inches or a bit more between wrapped around dough lines.

Optional....take shelled Sunflower seeds and press into dough.

Place pastry cooking paper sheet you have sprayed with Canola Oil Spray Can on cookie sheet and place a first batch....4....upon paper on sheet and into over for anywhere...depending upon thickness of asparagus and dough from 10 minutes to 18 minutes.

Brush entire side facing up with melted butter before baking.

Serve 1 to 2 per person....a Man will eat 2.....and place on plate and put a dollop of soft butter atop each served.

It's AWESOME!!

Man of Action

• You have a challenge.

D is a Chef and I managed Restaurants for 17 years even had to take over as the "Chef" once for 100 people, this looks great, will give it a go.. Love Asparagus ..

Have to give you his prawns in shredded pastry with lemon
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Originally posted by CHANDLERS WISH View Post
      You have a challenge.

D is a Chef and I managed Restaurants for 17 years even had to take over as the "Chef" once for 100 people, this looks great, will give it a go.. Love Asparagus ..

Have to give you his prawns in shredded pastry with lemon
      HEY!! That sounds real tasty!!

Because I am an avid SCUBA Diver....and because I live in Massachusetts....I go with a friend or two and we get on my or another's boat and we go on a BUG HUNT....which is Diver Talk for Hunting for Lobsters and one must get a licence.

I get about 5 to 9 Lobsters after 2 dives and I get about 2 to 3 two to three pound Lobsters....an I always get at least 1 real big one like 8 to 11 lbs and I did catch a 17.6 lbs Lobster once.

I also spear fish, go scalloping.....and when in Maine....we dive this straight rock wall for Oysters!! YUM!!

I also am a very good Hunter as I teach Survival to members of SOCOM and the SAS....so I always have Venison in my freezer as well I always get Present, Quail, Rabbit, Wild Boar and Bear.

So I get to use a lot of really fresh ingredients!!

Man of Action

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X