Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cookies/cakes/brownies

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• cookies/cakes/brownies

hi there.. anybody had a really good easy and delicious chocolate chip cookie/chocolate cakes/brownie recipe? pls do send me.. thanks loads =p

• I dont have a recipe from scratch that i use. I usually buy the pillsbury i think, cookie dough and make the cookies and same with cakes and brownies i by the cake mix and brownie mix.

Here's some recipes i found online

Cheese cookie snacks
    Ingredients
    1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
    1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 cup crisp rice cereal

Preparation
    Stir together cheese and butter until blended. Stir in flour and salt; blend well. Stir in cereal. (Dough will be stiff.)
    Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place on an ungreased baking sheet 2 inches apart. Flatten cookies to 1/4-inch thickness with a fork, making a crisscross.

Bake at 350° for 15 to 18 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.

Yield
    about 2 dozen

Angel fluff brownies
    Mix in your favorite pudding flavors for fun variations.

Ingredients
    1 (3.3-ounce) package chocolate instant pudding mix
    2/3 cup sugar
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    2 large eggs
    1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
    1/4 cup whipping cream
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
    Powdered sugar (optional)

Preparation
    Stir together first 8 ingredients until blended. Spoon into a lightly greased 8- or 9-inch square pan.
    Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until edges pull away from pan. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.

Yield
    16 brownies

Comment

• Great healthy cookies

I found a great oatmeal raisin cookie recipe.
      Delicious, healthy, and Fast......I love them!!!
      Last edited by WildChild; 09-13-2009, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Amazing Brownies

Was going to make a thread but found one already there:
        1/2 cup Butter
        3 Tablespoons regular cocoa powder
        3 Tablespoons dark cocoa powder
        1 cup granulated sugar
        1 large egg
        1 teaspoon vanilla
        3/4 cup unbleached flour
        1/2 teaspoon baking powder (at alt over 5000 ft, 1 teaspoon at sea level)
        1/2 teaspoon salt
        Place the butter in an over proof bowl, cut into several pieces and place in oven. Turn oven on to preheat to 350 degrees (f). Use butter wrapper to lightly grease an 8 inch by 8 inch glass baking pan or a 12 cup muffin tin (my fav, lots of crispy edges).

Measure flour, baking powder and salt into a small mixing bowl and stir or sift to blend throughly.Butter should be melted enough to carefully remove bowl from oven and stir cocoa into melted butter, until smooth. You can use all one kind of cocoa, but my family really likes the blend of the two.

In a med size mixing bowl, use a fork to mix sugar, egg and vanilla.Using a bowl scraper ( Silicon isn't bothered by heat) add cocoa and butter to sugar and egg. Use a fork to blend completely. Add flour mixture all at once and mix completely. This will be heavier than cake batter. Either spread into 8x8 pan or divide into muffin tin cups. I use the medium sized muffin tins - each cup is about 2/3 cup volume. If you use the tiny ones you will need to watch the baking time closely.Bake until the sides of the brownies pull away from the pan sides and the center is crinkly and kind of flat. These aren't really "cakey" brownies, they are thinner, moist and a little chewy, more like some cookies than cake. If you quit baking while they are all puffed up, they will be raw in the middle - let them collapse. Generally in the square pan about 20 mins, in muffin tins about 12 mins. If you pull them out and decide they aren't done enough you can bake them a bit more (unlike a cake) just don't wait too long. These are great brownies!
        Last edited by WildChild; 11-09-2009, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• Bumping this up just to make it easier for Linds to find.

Comment

• Putting this here instead of starting a new thread.

I made these Christmas chocolate brownies on Sunday and they turned out divine

250g Butter
            250g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
            3 eggs
            1 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
            3/4 cup plain flour, sifted
            1/4 cup self-raising flour, sifted
            1 cup frozen raspberries
            1/2 cup white chocolate bits
            Icing sugar, to serve

1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Lightly grease a 4cm-deep, 27cm x 17cm (base) slice pan. Line with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends.

2. Place butter and dark chocolate in a heatproof, microwave safe bowl. Microwave on medium-high for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, or until smooth and melted. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.

3. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Add chocolate mixture. beat to combine. Fold in flours.

4. Pour half the mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with raspberries and white chocolate bits. Pour over remaining mixture. Bake for 35 minutes or until just firm to touch. Allow to cool completely in pan. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.

5. Lift brownie from pan. Cut into squares. Dust with icing sugar.
            Love isn't about finding the perfect person, but learning to see an imperfect person perfectly <3

Comment

• Yay we have a brownie thread!

Lana mentioned in the fudge thread that she has a brownie pan. Do you have one of them nix??

Comment

• It isn't an actual brownie pan... I didn't know you could get one of those. Mine is just a normal baking pan, but it has to be the correct size as the recipe says. I will show you what mine looks like next week.
                Love isn't about finding the perfect person, but learning to see an imperfect person perfectly <3

Comment

• WHat most people describe asa brownie pan would be an 8 or 9 inch square baking dish or the rectangular size that Nix's recipe called for. I only bake with glass.

Nix, this sounds wonderful. I plan to try it but the kids ate up all the raspberries today so I'll have to get to the store.

Comment

• Hahaha can't blame the kids, raspberries are so good :P
                    Yes, you should definitely give it a try. It's a great christmas treat. I think I'm going to put some cherries in my next batch...just to make them a little bit more merrier

Comment

• For a test you will require:
                      A cake is «Zebra». Ingredients
                      ** 2 glasses (270 gramme) of flour
                      ** 240-260 gramme of sugar
                      ** 200 gramme of sour cream
                      ** 3 eggs
                      ** 50 gramme of desi
                      ** 2 items of spoon of powder of cacao
                      ** 1/2 ch. spoons of soda
                      ** vinegar for extinguishing of soda

For a test you will require:
                      A cake is «Zebra». Ingredients
                      ** 2 glasses (270 gramme) of flour
                      ** 240-260 gramme of sugar
                      ** 200 gramme of sour cream
                      ** 3 eggs
                      ** 50 gramme of desi
                      ** 2 items of spoon of powder of cacao
                      ** 1/2 ch. spoons of soda
                      ** vinegar for extinguishing of soda

For strewing:
                      ** 50 gramme of white chocolate or coconut shaving Note: ingredients are expected for a form a diameter 20-22 see

for whom that is divided, it will be pleasantly me
                      Last edited by x.st.angel.x; 12-17-2009, 05:50 AM. Reason: Removing outbound link

Comment

• Cowboy cookies...just made 4 dozen on Monday. They are incredible. Coconut, oats, chocolate chips and walnuts.

I use Laura Bush's recipe and omit the cinnamon altogether...i feel it just overpowers the cookies. I also sub walnuts for pecans.

Just google Laura Bush's Cowboy Cookies.

Lot of work, but well worth it. They were a hit at the office.

Comment

• Those sound good!

These are yummy too! Measurements are best guess based on what I think I use.

7 Layer Bars

1 stick butter
                          1 C. crushed graham crackers
                          1 C. flaked coconut
                          1 C. chocolate chips
                          1 C. butterscotch morsels
                          1 1/2 C. chopped nuts (usually walnuts)
                          1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk

Spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with nonstick spray. Melt butter and put in the 13 x 9 inch sprayed pan.

Sprinkle a layer of graham cracker crumbs over margarine. Add, coconut, chocolate chips, butterscotch morsels, and chopped nuts. Pour condensed milk over all and spread evenly.

Bake at 325 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes. Cut into squares while warm, not hot. (These start to set up as they cool).

Comment

• Originally posted by LanaBear View Post
                            Those sound good!

These are yummy too! Measurements are best guess based on what I think I use.

7 Layer Bars

1 stick butter
                            1 C. crushed graham crackers
                            1 C. flaked coconut
                            1 C. chocolate chips
                            1 C. butterscotch morsels
                            1 1/2 C. chopped nuts (usually walnuts)
                            1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk

Spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with nonstick spray. Melt butter and put in the 13 x 9 inch sprayed pan.

Sprinkle a layer of graham cracker crumbs over margarine. Add, coconut, chocolate chips, butterscotch morsels, and chopped nuts. Pour condensed milk over all and spread evenly.

Bake at 325 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes. Cut into squares while warm, not hot. (These start to set up as they cool).
                            These happen to be among my favorites. Have I ever mentioned your impeccable taste, young lady?

Comment

• Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
                              1 teaspoon baking soda
                              1 cup butter, softened
                              3/4 cup packed brown sugar
                              1/4 cup white sugar
                              1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
                              2 eggs
                              1 teaspoon vanilla extract
                              2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
                              1-1/3 cups and 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions
                              1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
                              2.In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
                              3.Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X