• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A C 4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A C 4

It's so frustrating to have some jiggle and less than smooth areas still on my thighs. Everything is toning up nicely but this area.
    Still working on it. Consistency is key, and I still don't have it.

For me, it's tummy. Darn short waist.

Did a pretty intense upper body workout this morning. I'm extra hungry today.

I was reading on a new "90 day bikini challenge" I'm doing. This guy includes an entire manual and it's catered to women. It goes into detail about the different phases of the menstrual cycle, and how our bodies might need different things in each phase. Example, during the follicular phase (first 10-12 days of the cycle) your body can burn more energy, needing more carbs and calories than in other phases. During the ovulation phase, due to hormone changes, you may be more carb resistant and therefore need fewer carbs during that time. I don't suppose I had ever given that any thought.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

I don't suppose he addresses those of us on the brink of menopause and the lagging metabolism and no discernable hormonal phases does he? Lol

I have no idea what my body is doing. I had been 9 months in... Just 3 months from being able to declare official menopause. Then, a period shows up with no warning, WHILE I'M IN THE FREAKING STIRRUPS, for Pete's sake. Only me.

I've been seeing the same practitioner for probably 15 years, and we giggled about it... But wow. Had another 2 wks later i think it was. Wondering when the next surprises will appear. No ovulation and no appreciable pms signs, tho today I'm wondering if there is some bloat and cramps happening or is it something else?

Ah womanhood

Comment

Actually, YES. He has an entire plan just for menopausal women. :-D His name is Rudy Mawer.

My arms are SUPER sore today from my workout yesterday. Today was "posterior" day, so I'm pretty tired now from the waist down. Phew...I hope all this works!
        "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Been very busy, but I've mostly been able to keep exercising and diet hasn't been too bad. I did have more dairy than usual, over the holiday, but not too bad. I did a home workout yesterday.

How did you all fare thru the holiday?

Comment

I'm the biggest slacker in the world. I promised myself I would do so much better than I have been this summer. All I did last week was get on my bike a couple of times. Then I went a whole week with nothing, until today when I did a little resistance training.

I'm feeling like a slob, but I had my hands full and my shorts literally fell down when I was coming in the door, so I might be slimmer. Hopefully the neighbors didn't see too much.
            "Those sowing seed with tears
            Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Not so fast Still... I may be the biggest slacker. Lol
              I've not been in the gym for about 10 days now. partly due to my schedule at work. 12 hrs shifts, rough shifts, leave me less than energetic for anything. Had some really rough days at work, and my body was just exhausted from it. Mentally, emotionally and physically just spent. Not a drop of energy left.
              Diet was well managed for the most part tho. It's been awhile since I genuinely felt my body needed to be still, resting, rather than moving. I found it difficult to know if I was listening to the needs of my body or not. Sometimes I feel like I am good to push, this time it really felt like down time, lazy hours on the couch were needed. Been quite a long time since I had to do that.

Today I did go for a walk, probably a mile or so. Tomorrow I will get back to the gym. The walk today was a green light. Felt good.

Comment

Originally posted by Stillness View Post
                I'm feeling like a slob, but I had my hands full and my shorts literally fell down when I was coming in the door, so I might be slimmer. Hopefully the neighbors didn't see too much.
                I swear as I get older I have a bigger stomach and a smaller butt, so pants that are not properly secured can fall down.
                I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
                  12 hrs shifts, rough shifts, leave me less than energetic for anything. Had some really rough days at work, and my body was just exhausted from it. Mentally, emotionally and physically just spent. Not a drop of energy left.
                  One of the reasons I had for retiring. I found 12 hour days were good for making extra money but also left me somewhat depressed.
                  I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                  Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

I am accustomed to long hours, but I'm just done. I've exhausted my passion for my work and it's time to move on. I think that's the root of it. There was a time I didn't mind a 16 hr day, but now, a 12 is pushing me to my limit. My usual day is 9 to 10 hrs. So a scheduled 12 is typically more like 13 to 14. I'm over it. This is for the younger and more spry of the profession. Lol

After 9+ today, I went to the gym, to the store and home to cook. By the time I got to sit down, it was 945.

I did get a little lifting done and walked only 1 mile today. Diet was good.
                    Last edited by atskitty2; 07-17-2017, 09:56 PM.

Comment

I've started another fast. I haven't been eating what I need to or working out consistently. I'm in need of a reset.

Originally posted by jns View Post
                      I swear as I get older I have a bigger stomach and a smaller butt, so pants that are not properly secured can fall down.
                      I hope that's not it. My wife already says I have a "no butt." She really likes it that way, but I don't need any less. I'd like a little more muscle back there.

Comment

I did get a workout in today. I tried out a couple new machines too.

My knee is still not right. Very frustrating.
                        Debating whether to go ask for an mri or if I really wanna know lol. I've been doing some knee strengthening exercises, but it's not getting much better, maybe even worse. It was better, then some way I moved, it flared up and I've not been able to get it settled down again.

Diet had been great, then last night I had some pasta with white sauce. Homemade sauce, and I barely drizzled it onto the pasta, but still. I don't typically have that much dairy on a weeknight. I usually save the dairy for a weekend treat. I did have more salad than pasta but, I wish I would have skipped it.

Comment

Does "A C" mean "Activity Ceased" now? Or are we still being held accountable? How are you ladi...people doing?

Again, I have a mixed bag of success and lack of success. The last 2+ weeks since my last comment, I've worked out all of 2 times - once doing resistance training and once on my bike. Not so hot.

On the flip side I have not stopped the fast I started that day, which puts me on day 16. I've tried to accomplish this over and over again since February 2013 when I fasted for the entire month. I've failed every time. Once I struggled and made 2 weeks, but it's been 7-10 days every other time. This time I'll set a new record with relative ease, so I'm pretty pleased overall.

I'm also fitting a shirt my wife bought me years ago that I've never been wear, so that's pretty exciting.

Comment

Lol... Activities ceased, yes.
                            I have lost some of my frequency but I'm still going to the gym as much as possible. Diet game has not been strong tho. Plan on correcting that this weekend.

Part of my problem is just that I am more busy. I'm trying so hard to keep things prepared for meals, but I am just failing more than I used to.
                            And I am not feeling well. Part of it is because I'm not feeling as well, and part of the not feeling well is a result of poor choices... So.... I just keep fighting to do the best possible.

asthma has been flaring up, and I have had to do some more physical work and my body is just rejecting that. I'm feeling a strong urge to rest, to be sedentary even tho I want to do more... So I think that's genuinely a need for rest.

Comment

Yeah, being busy really makes things difficult. I have a little more flexibility during this time of year to focus on myself.

Is the asthma triggered by something in your diet?

Comment

Working...
                              X