• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A C 4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, have you ever discussed the chest pain or difficulty breathing with your doctor?

Comment

no, I don't have a Dr now
      it's been about 7 yrs since I had to have a physical

like I posted the sharp chest pain/headaches related to sex are new

Comment

With your condition, 7 years is a long time without seeing a doc.

Comment

I didn't like the Dr who diagnosed me, he gave me a medicine to try which made me worse, swelled me up
          I went to the support group for a few mtgs but it wasn't much of anything but suggestions how to cope

I don't take any prescription meds and my BP is fine so I don't see the need to go

Comment

atskitty2
            plus, the first thing the Dr told me when I was diagnosed was "move out west"
            so I have it in my head that I'll never feel a lot better, year round until we do move where there is less humidity

I had searched a forum and every person was on multiple meds (they listed them) but none of them felt better despite the meds
            so why should I have continued with a Dr whose first solution is move and gave me a med that made me worse?

there's a cartoon I had that read:
            Dr says "the good news is, you're not going to die"
            but "the bad news is "you're going to live"

so you just have to get used to living with it, some days are harder than others
            but there's nothing a Dr can do for me

Comment

You have a chronic health issue. Medical documentation of the progression of the disease is one reason to see a doctor, and I will leave it at that.

I had to go through several docs to find the right one. I don't follow all her recommendations either, but I do see her now yearly or as needed, because I know the value of a thorough physical exam and discussion with her.

Comment

I'm scared of going because I have the headache again and my chest hurts again but I think it's just stress with lack of sleep, husband away, my parents, and the trip I know I'll have to go on

I think I am just going to stay in bed today until I go pick up kid from school

Comment

Working...
                X