Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight Loss and Self-Control

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• JupiterGirl
    replied
    Originally posted by James0979
    Congratulations for your acheivement that you have made so far, Keep doing the strict schedule of exercise but do not stress out yourself. Be comfortable with your schedule and follow healthy diet which will play more important role to loose weight fast. Consult your trainer and make a better diet plan as you need more balanced diet as well...
    Thank you! Will do!

Leave a comment:

• JupiterGirl
    replied
    Originally posted by amy40 View Post
    keep your favorite foods out of the house
    just don't buy them

when we are stressed, we turn to those favorite foods which are most likely not healthy for you

try to turn to an alternative for stress relief
    I have been turning to deep breathing a lot
    breathing in through nose, out through mouth

(this bugs our child, however, who tells me to do it quietly)
    I think it's easier on me because some of my favorite foods are healthy ones! But I do use that information, especially when it comes to buying sweets! I agree that breathing helps with stress!

Leave a comment:

• JupiterGirl
    replied
    Originally posted by Stillness View Post
    I've been losing weight for a few months now - last I checked, a little over 50 pounds. The most important things for me have been:

1. Self-control and discipline
    1b. Exercise (NOT FOR WEIGHT LOSS)
    2. Knowledge of the body and the ways we lose weight (for example: most fat is lost through the lungs via breathing; exercise has little direct effect on weight loss; urine should be yellow, not clear; not eating is good for you)
    3. Making sure my vitamin levels are good (specifically D)
    3b. Not drinking too much water
    4. Fasting and meal replacement with homemade smoothies and juices

Those are probably in order of importance. Technique and diet is way less important that the thing you already are using: your mind to control yourself.
    Wow! Interesting information! Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• amy40
    replied
    keep your favorite foods out of the house
    just don't buy them

when we are stressed, we turn to those favorite foods which are most likely not healthy for you

try to turn to an alternative for stress relief
    I have been turning to deep breathing a lot
    breathing in through nose, out through mouth

(this bugs our child, however, who tells me to do it quietly)

Leave a comment:

• Stillness
    replied
    I've been losing weight for a few months now - last I checked, a little over 50 pounds. The most important things for me have been:

1. Self-control and discipline
    1b. Exercise (NOT FOR WEIGHT LOSS)
    2. Knowledge of the body and the ways we lose weight (for example: most fat is lost through the lungs via breathing; exercise has little direct effect on weight loss; urine should be yellow, not clear; not eating is good for you)
    3. Making sure my vitamin levels are good (specifically D)
    3b. Not drinking too much water
    4. Fasting and meal replacement with homemade smoothies and juices

Those are probably in order of importance. Technique and diet is way less important that the thing you already are using: your mind to control yourself.
    Last edited by Stillness; 11-21-2017, 05:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JupiterGirl
    replied
    Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
    Congratulations!

I think the best advice I can give is not to be too hard on yourself. Especially in these early days when you're transitioning to a healthy lifestyle. Be realistic with your goals and expectations. Celebrate those daily goals when you reach them.

How tall are you, if you don't mind sharing?
    Thank you! Good advice. I'm 5'4".

Leave a comment:

• atskitty2
    replied
    Congratulations!

I think the best advice I can give is not to be too hard on yourself. Especially in these early days when you're transitioning to a healthy lifestyle. Be realistic with your goals and expectations. Celebrate those daily goals when you reach them.

How tall are you, if you don't mind sharing?

Leave a comment:

• JupiterGirl
    started a topic Weight Loss and Self-Control

Weight Loss and Self-Control

On October 20th, I decided that I'm going to begin losing weight! Since then, I've lost 8 pounds. I weighed 210 and I am now at 202. I can't "weight" (haha) to get below the 200 mark and to keep going!

I've been doing a set of strengthening exercises (push-ups, crunches, side leg lifts, and squats), and jogging afterwards, during the weekdays! I would like to go Mon-Fri, but sometimes, I'm just too tired! And I think I need to switch up my routine every now and then because it can get old!

As far as my eating habits, I have been eating lighter and just making better overall choices like drinking more water, only getting one helping, not eating after 10 PM, making sure I include veggies with my meals, etc... I would like to have enough self-control on the weekends that I only allow myself to indulge in a sweet or two instead of 3 or 4 unhealthy meals, but that part has been hard for me.

My goal weight is 130 lbs.! I've never been thin and this is the first time that I am consciously losing weight! Some things I need to work on are still being healthy on those days when I'm not working out, and I sometimes think I need to slow down on my fitness routine and do more low-impact exercises so as not to wear myself out!

Have you recently started losing weight, and if so, would you give me any advice?

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Career Mom Guilt Is Real. Have You Ever Experienced It? - Let's Discuss!

Mom guilt is real! I love my profession and I love being a mom, but sometimes balancing the two can leave us moms feeling less than enough in both....

Yesterday, 10:46 AM By Rebecca Z.
  • Pain Management

Dear All,

I am Tim and new to this forum. I really like guiding people on various topics so if you have any advise for me or want an advice...

10-21-2019, 04:33 AM By Timf
  • Abominable Film

I went to see this at the cinema with my sister and was blown away: by the quality of the film, the special effects, the storyline. Definitely one of...

10-20-2019, 04:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
  • Reply to Healthcare Apps

That sounds like a really good idea, Anya Joe. Keeping track of the calories you're burning must work. To me, I wouldn't use such a device myself, but...

10-20-2019, 04:41 AM By Popcorn&Candy
  • Reply to Hello All

Hi, ConnieBlake. I am a regular member on here and look forward to offering you any advice you might need.

There're loads of people with...

10-20-2019, 04:38 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
X