• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AC 5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC 5

heard on car radio this a.m. that a study showed

1/2 hr hot bath burns the same calories as 1/2 hr walking

this is not a new study as I searched and found 2016 articles on it
    an alternative when it's too cold to get outside and walk in the winter

Last edited by amy40; 11-20-2017, 11:59 AM. Reason: posted earlier but the post got lost somehow

amy40 Speaking of changes in understanding, I just read that Coke is shifting focus away from exercise. Here is what their spokesperson said:

“We’ve been listening to and learning from our consumers, the public health community and other stakeholders about the most appropriate role we can play to support the fight against obesity in a way that is credible, transparent and beneficial for everyone. As a result, we have said we will no longer support programs that center on personal fitness.”
    Why are they stopping encouraging exercise? For people that believe that exercise plays an important role in weight loss this seems counterintuitive, maybe even irresponsible.

The fact is that encouraging exercise for weight loss is what’s irresponsible. Food companies have sold us a bill of goods with that idea. That’s why they’re changing their message.

Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
    humans need to eat constantly
    Anyone that's ever fasted for a prolonged period of time can tell you that this is not only untrue, but that your mind and senses will sharpen and your energy levels will increase on a fast. The body will heal. Inflammation will decrease. Mood will improve.

It's not subjective experience either. There's been testable, repeatable science done on this. There's a movie called The Science of Fasting that goes in detail through the human experimentation and medical practice with fasting. The focus in that movie is not so much on weight loss, but on disease treatment. During my first fast, that's what caught me completely off guard. I expected weight loss. It wasn't until years later that I finally understood why it had the positive impact on my health that it had.

What the juice probably allows me to do is ease into and out of fasts more smoothly and quickly. It also seems to allow more intense, consistent exercise.
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Originally posted by Stillness View Post
      amy40
      senses will sharpen and your energy levels will increase on a fast. Mood will improve.
      won't support programs that center on fitness? my guess is because coke drinkers are probably less fit
      all that sugar is bad for you and diet pops are just as bad and trick the body

Comment

stopped buying my favorite cheese

Comment

Originally posted by amy40 View Post
          my guess is because coke drinkers are probably less fit
          That's not why. It's because they've been lying to us about our fatness being from lack of activity. People are wising up.

Comment

I caved and let child bake pb cookies from a pkg on sun
            ​just after child went to bed last night,I picked up container and was going to eat a couple

I dropped ALL the cookies!

Comment

Uggh!
              despite eating only twice/ day the last 4 days with hopes to LOSE weight, still managed to gain weight

Comment

stopped buying my favorite cheese, too

maybe because been moving less in order to put heat on me

Comment

I started a new fast yesterday. I've drunk less than ever at the start and have barely had the issues I normally have the first few days. I don't recall ever exercising like I did today until after day 2-3. I don't know if it's my mind, my body, or both.

Going for 60 days.

Comment

Double Post

Comment

I walked 4 miles today, which is 1-2 more than usual. I'm feeling it tonight. Whoa!!!

I have not been doing well with food the past couple weeks. Getting back on track but for some reason, it's getting hard to stay motivated.
                      Pretty sure it's just stress and distractions, but that's not a good reason.
                      May do a fast one day soon if I continue to struggle. (High five Still)

How are you all doing?

Comment

atskitty2
                        stillness

great on the exercising!
                        great on losing 50, still!

Comment

Right now I'm doing horribly. I caught a bad cold Tuesday. I'm still fasting and won't stop. The crazy thing is that I'm fasting even harder than normal, because I'm still on my first smoothie, which I only make to last about 2-1/2 to 3 days. I'm now on day five. My wife made a really basic stew, which I had a little of last night because I wanted the mushrooms and broth from it.

I can't exercise though, which I'm really disappointed about. The body burns through more muscle if it's not exercised on a starvation diet.

Incidentally, I'm going to potentially get some early answers to some of my questions. I took an exam for some insurance I'm applying for and they're going to post my results in a few days. I'm guessing they won't be as extensive as at my annual physicals, but I'm hoping it at least shows my blood sugar levels. As I mentioned before, I had disturbingly high blood sugar levels at my last physical. For the two days before this bloodwork, I had nothing but one of my smoothies, which is probably about 95% sweet fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by Stillness View Post
                            I started a new fast yesterday.
                            Going for 60 days.
                            worried about you still
                            even Jesus didn't fast for 60 days

Comment

Originally posted by amy40 View Post

worried about you still
                              even Jesus didn't fast for 60 days
                              His fast was much stricter. Plus he wasn't fat.

Comment

Working...
                              X