Weight loss with PCOS

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight loss with PCOS

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Weight loss with PCOS

My daughter is suffering from PCOS since she was in high school. Now, she's 21 and still having it and also having a hard time to lose weight even she's now eating less and doing some 30 min exercise every day. She needs some help. What can you recommend some exercise or diet plan that she can use? Thank you for your help!

• Hi,
    I would recommend following a diet of mainly protein, good fats and veg, small amounts of fruit. I’ve had a few clients with PCOS and this has worked tremendously for them especially combined with body weight exercises like lunges, squats and working with resistance bands. It’s also to eat small and often than focusing on cutting calories as too much of a calorie cut can lead to weight gain when her metabolism slows down to deal with the extreme calorie reduction.

hope this helps.

Comment

• The science has become pretty clear that exercise doesn't do much for weight loss, especially cardio. It's pretty much entirely diet. Knowing that has helped me lose a lot of weight. You can focus on what brings results.
      "Those sowing seed with tears
      Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X