• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AC6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC6

the men are doing great! with still and jns losing so much weight!

how are the women doing?
    the scale doesn't like me as I gained 5# between Thanksgiving and Christmas
    we did get turkey for one and ham for other so once the ham is gone, I need to do something right......

Originally posted by amy40 View Post
    the men are doing great! with still and jns losing so much weight!

how are the women doing?
    the scale doesn't like me as I gained 5# between Thanksgiving and Christmas
    we did get turkey for one and ham for other so once the ham is gone, I need to do something right......
    I think women can have a harder time losing weight since their ideal weight is at a higher body fat percentage and need less calories at a given weight. That being said, it is not an impossible task.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

a relative once said she couldn't lose weight because she had "snacks" in house for kid's school lunches
      that is not my problem as I send healthy food for kid's lunch and snack

need to follow exactly what our child eats and jump, run around, jump.......

Comment

Originally posted by amy40 View Post
        a relative once said she couldn't lose weight because she had "snacks" in house for kid's school lunches
        that is not my problem as I send healthy food for kid's lunch and snack

need to follow exactly what our child eats and jump, run around, jump.......
        We are not getting any younger. If you do that, you may end up posting about aches and sprains and such. Because of a child's size, weight and relative musculature, they can do stuff adults usually can't. Also, they recover much faster.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

It is so hard when the temptation is there. Your friend would do well not to feed that stuff to her kids either.

I'm not proud of my self control this season. I don't think I've gained much weight, but I can certainly feel the difference in my body. I'm mentally dull, physically sluggish and painful, and ready to get back to my healthier foods.

I suspended my gym membership for a while since I'm not working. Had to reign in the budget until I get my income back up. That's not helping...i really miss the movement. I am not going to walk the neighbourhood in freezing temperatures. I have some free weights here at home to use.

Today I am back to my healthy grub

Comment

The holidays were rough on my diet. I'm back to my better habits.
            How are you all doing?
            Stillness?

The temperature was hovering around or just above freezing yesterday, and no wind, so I went out for a walk. It was amazing.
            I think even the dogs get a sort of cabin fever after being couped up so much.

I've been working a little with free weights here at home.
            Diet is the big struggle tho. It is so true that once you slip, those foods are craved. I'm back on track about 90% tho.

Comment

Hello AC6'ers! I am on week 2 of a program called VShred. The boyfriend and I are both doing it. I create our meal plans each week based on VShred recommendations and our own personal macro calculations and we stick to them like glue. We are carb cycling. Additionally, there are daily workouts, so I'm getting a good solid workout in 6 days per week. I'm only half way through week 2, but I'm still super motivated. I'm hoping this is really what we need to achieve our goals!

I love that you all have carried this on and are still working your way toward optimizing your health.
              "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Hey gang!

I've been having weird health issues. It started about a month and a half ago with what I thought was food poisoning. Then I had a long bout with the flu - almost a month. Now, I'm having strange digestive issues - somewhat similar to food poisoning, only it comes and goes. I can't figure it out. My symptoms are a lot like stuff my mother has been dealing with the past few years, so my concern is that it's something hereditary.

I wen't through a long period without working out - probably over a month. I just started up again a few days ago.

As far as my diet and weight, I'm permanently transformed there. There's no going back. I'm almost 100% dietary vegan - just not extremely strict. I don't have any desire for animal products any more whatsoever. What little I do eat is mostly for psychological, social, and convenience reasons.

I weighed myself last week and I was 5-6 pounds over what I was at the end of my last fast about a month ago, which means I'm maintaining. I don't have solid plans for another weight loss push, but it could happen at any moment. (Our good friends bought us a nice pressure cooker. I've been having a ball with it and don't want to stop). I want to lose at least another 20 pounds, maybe 25-30. That will put me at or below the weight I was in when I was 17. From what I remember, I felt mostly good about my body and weight at that point.
                "Those sowing seed with tears
                Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Stillness

sorry to hear that still; hope you can figure out what it is

Comment

Could it be stress Still? Not just external stress, but the stress your body is experiencing from the ongoing illness you suffered. Plus, your dietary changes alone could cause this.
                    Your body is unbalanced. Have you tried a good pro-biotic? I use raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (Bragg's) daily for my probiotic, rather than pills.

I'm sure you know this already, but the veggies and all contain so much fiber, that could be it, and you need to add something to help bulk things up again. Assuming it's not constipation you have.

Just a thought...

Comment

Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
                      Could it be stress Still?
                      That was my wife's thought. It could be. Maybe I will try some vinegar. I have some Braggs.

Comment

Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
                        Your body is unbalanced. Have you tried a good pro-biotic? I use raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (Bragg's) daily for my probiotic, rather than pills.
                        I took the Bragg's immediately after I saw you suggested it just like I was doing everything else - as an act of desperation. I wasn't hopeful, since I had taken it before when I had colds and upper respiratory infections and hadn't noticed much of anything. I can't even tell you how long it's been sitting in my cabinet.

I had forgotten about it later in the afternoon when I told my wife my belly felt better than it had since before I got sick. I started to get cautiously optimistic, then I woke up the next morning sick again, but not as bad as before. I took more vinegar and have had no issues since then - nothing, zero, zilch, nada.

THANK YOU, KITTY!

Comment

Power of probiotics baby!! Lol

A healthy gut is a healthy body. You're not the first person I've known that it's helped.
                          Just make sure you're diluting in juice on water-cant remember if I mentioned that. It will damage teeth over time if drank as a shot.

With the nausea that's accompanying the menopausal "push", I have increased the amount I'm taking, and I do think it may be helping. Not sure since the nausea and all just comes in waves.

Anyway, I'm so glad it helped.

ETA: as I've read, ACV isn't going to necessarily shorten a cold or other virus, but it will help prevent you from getting sick due to strengthening the immune system in general. I have had 2 people tell me they began taking it daily a few years ago, and hadn't had a "cold" or other seasonal contagion since then. One I knew was frequently sick, as I had worked with her. Then it stopped and she credits the vinegar, as it was the only change she made. I think her diet changed too but she says she didn't change much.
                          It takes more time to see those changes, but for GI floral balance, it's quicker and more obvious, so I've read.

My doc has often mentioned the most recent studies she's seeing on gut health and the immune system. She is interested in it for personal reasons. I've told her I use ACV rather than formulated capsules for a probiotic.
                          I believe it works. It sure seems to make a difference for a lot of people.
                          Last edited by atskitty2; Yesterday, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X