Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AC6

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• I've come to believe that there isn't really a rate that's necessarily too fast. It's just a matter of how much and how you do it.
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• Originally posted by amy40 View Post
      new diet: prison food

just saw article stating "dance mom" star has lost approx 100# since being in prison for 6 mos

can that be right?.....seems pretty fast weight loss
      Gastric bypass surgery will do that but it is an invasive procedure.
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Originally posted by Stillness View Post
        I've been having weird health issues. Then I had a long bout with the flu - almost a month. I'm almost 100% dietary vegan -
        how are you feeling still? been wondering if you're still sick or back to nl health; hope you're well

the flu is at the school with a teacher out and a classmate out
        we're eating our blueberries, kiwi, oranges, brocolli, chicken noodle soup, and weekly salmon
        kid is taking strawberries/orange peppers/ or apples for school snack this wk

child has only gotten one cold since school began, back in Oct and we didn't catch it; hoping we don't get flu
        only husband had a flu shot which he gets at work every year so am hoping teacher/kid don't return too soon

Comment

• I'm doing great! Thanks, Amy. Good to hear you're eating well.

I've been in limbo for about a week and a half. I'm eating like a 21st century king and having a ball - discovering new foods and new combinations. Pan fried plantain! I don't know how I've been living without that in my life. Mind. Blowing. Sweet potatoes and just about anything - thank God for this stuff! I've kicked my old standby staple, rice, to the curb. I've got a five gallon tub of it just sitting in the corner being unused.

The weird thing is that I also seem to be able to eat foods that used to make me sick, like peanuts. I've been making dishes with them and loving it. I don't know what has happened to my digestive system. The problem is that I'm really wanting to shake the rest of this weight off, but I'm having too much fun. I put my pot away and haven't been cooking legumes for the past week and a half because I'm supposed to be fasting right now. My juice and smoothie supplies have been going bad.

It's probably because congregation and family obligations have been keeping me busy and stressing me.

Comment

• Are you being naughty Still? I've heard that fried plantains are good but I don't fry anything any more.

I have not been on track with my diet...I've been really struggling. I've still been avoiding most dairy but I'm eating less of my whole veggies. I'm not completely off the rails but there's entirely too much happening that should have not been.
            I can tell the difference in how I feel too, and that's not motivating enough to change. Now I'm fighting a cold or something.
            I think I'm just depressed.

I had suspended my gym membership in December due to finances. I think it's going to be necessary to kick that back in. I think I need it more than I need to save the money.

Comment

• Are you being naughty Still? I've heard that fried plantains are good but I don't fry anything any more.

I have not been on track with my diet...I've been really struggling. I've still been avoiding most dairy but I'm eating less of my whole veggies. I'm not completely off the rails but there's entirely too much happening that should have not been.
              I can tell the difference in how I feel too, and that's not motivating enough to change. Now I'm fighting a cold or something.

I had suspended my gym membership in December due to finances. I think it's going to be necessary to kick that back in. I think I need it more than I need to save the money.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
                  Are you being naughty Still? I've heard that fried plantains are good but I don't fry anything any more.
                  Naughty?

They'd probably be very good baked too. I tried them baked a while ago, but didn't like them as much. I think I let them get too ripe listening to my mother-in-law. After my fast I'm going to do a lot more experimenting.

My mother-in-law fries them all the time. She's Panamanian. But hers don't taste like mine. Maybe because hers are riper? I'm not sure. My wife and I were both amazed at the outcome the last couple of times I made them. Part of what's becoming clearer to me is that my view of food affects the outcome of my dishes - even with very basic foods. If she views plants as sides and I view them as everything, then we'll handle them differently.

I recently took a basic bean and potato dish of the sort I eat regularly to a gathering and they were in awe of it. At first I thought they were being nice, but so many people were going on and on and asking questions that I realized they were genuinely puzzled. It wasn't just the flavor and texture. The entire concept was foreign to them because they're meat-centric.

Comment

• we finally all got outside to walk
                    it was in the low 40's and yet saw so many without coats or just sweaters

it gets above freezing and people think it's a heat wave

Comment

• After sub-zero temps, 40's does feel quite warm!

Comment

• Hey guys. I've been relatively quiet about my fitness journey as of late, but I am happy to report that even though I am only down a couple lbs, I have lost 8 inches in 4 weeks! The bf and I are sticking to our carb cycling meal plans each week and hitting the gym hard 6 days per week. It's such a great feeling to feel motivated again and actually look forward to the gym as opposed to looking forward to finding excuses not to go.

And the carb cycling? This stuff works! I never go hungry. Sure, I miss some of my cheat foods (the foods I shouldn't have been having anyway), but with 3 meals + 3 snacks per day, we don't go hungry. I also enjoy that even though some days I am low carb, other days I am high carb and can enjoy some fruit, oats, and other yummy carbs.

Anyway, just popping in. I hope you all are doing well and striving to find what it is that motivates you.
                        "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Originally posted by Beautiful Disaster View Post
                          I have lost 8 inches in 4 weeks!
                          That's cool.

It seems like more and more people in my world are doing it. That makes me feel really good. Everybody has their own way, but they're getting there.

I've perfected my techniques so that even when I'm being lazy and struggling (like I am now), I'm still losing weight rapidly and with ease. I'm in what I imagine will be my final major push to get to the size I want to be. The next phase will just be maintenance. Right now, the hope and excitement of getting to that point is one of the few bright spots in an otherwise stressful period.

I'm still not working out as regularly as I need to. I do really well, then I fall off.

Comment

• Great update BD.

Comment

• Stillness - that's awesome. That hope and excitement of achieving my goals and feeling GOOD about my physical fitness again is what also keeps me going.
                              "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• What's your goal, BD? A particular weight or size? Overall better feeling and health? Resolving some specific malady?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                                X