Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AC6

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• atskitty2 amy40 What about you, Amy and Kitty? What are your goals?
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• Originally posted by Stillness View Post
      atskitty2 amy40 What about you, Amy and Kitty? What are your goals?
      my only goal is to get back to be able to wear misses clothes again and not woman's size
      however, since am not a big shopper this is not actually a big motivator for me

and since I still must cook and grocery shop weekly for family, this is not easy

Comment

• My goals have not changed really. I want to keep the disease at bay, symptoms that can be managed managed and be as strong physically as is possible. Weight control is a perk of all that.

I'm still shocked that I've not gained any weight the last couple months. I'm realizing that I must have gym time. Since I suspended my membership due to finances, I've declined quickly with strength and stamina. I have been doing some floor work here at home, using free weights but it's simply not the same. I'm really sad that I've lost that progress, as it was so hard to achieve. But I'll get it back. I'll be getting back to the gym next week.

And I have a good feeling that I'll be back to work soon. I'm losing my mind here at home. It'd be better if weather was nice, but it's miserable here.

Comment

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
          My goals have not changed really. I want to keep the disease at bay, symptoms that can be managed managed and be as strong physically as is possible. Weight control is a perk of all that.

I'm still shocked that I've not gained any weight the last couple months. I'm realizing that I must have gym time. Since I suspended my membership due to finances, I've declined quickly with strength and stamina. I have been doing some floor work here at home, using free weights but it's simply not the same. I'm really sad that I've lost that progress, as it was so hard to achieve. But I'll get it back. I'll be getting back to the gym next week.

And I have a good feeling that I'll be back to work soon. I'm losing my mind here at home. It'd be better if weather was nice, but it's miserable here.
          There was a thread about whether it was better to work out at home or in the gym. The motivation found at the gym is hard to replace and there is good equipment of many types. Best wishes.
          I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
          Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Thanks!
            I need and enjoy the structure of going to the gym. And although most people keep to themselves, it is just nice to be out, among other people who share the goals I do. People watching is fun too!

Comment

• How are you all doing?

I had some weird stuff happen to me the last day. Just when I think I've got a grip on things my body throws a new curve my way. I've been crazy active - more than I've ever been during my fasting periods. I've been working out every single day.

Yesterday I got too busy and decided I was going to skip my smoothies. Very bad move. My energy levels shot way down. I wasn't performing well at work. I actually fell asleep behind the wheel on the way home. I had to read at my congregation meeting last night and struggled greatly. That kind of stuff just doesn't happen when I'm fasting normally. This morning I weighed myself and I'm at the same weight I was at the end of my last fast. That would be great if I hadn't been fasting for almost three weeks.

Right now I'm paying for not tracking myself with a lot of confusion. I thought my fasting was more related to water fasting, but apparently it's quite a bit different. And in my mind, there's no way I should be this heavy unless I'm actually building muscle. I didn't think that was possible with the caloric deficit I'm running.

Comment

I actually fell asleep behind the wheel on the way home..
                wow, that is scary!
                thankfully you weren't in an accident

Comment

How are you all doing?

I had some weird stuff happen to me the last day. Just when I think I've got a grip on things my body throws a new curve my way. I've been crazy active - more than I've ever been during my fasting periods. I've been working out every single day.

Yesterday I got too busy and decided I was going to skip my smoothies. Very bad move. My energy levels shot way down. I wasn't performing well at work. I actually fell asleep behind the wheel on the way home. I had to read at my congregation meeting last night and struggled greatly. That kind of stuff just doesn't happen when I'm fasting normally. This morning I weighed myself and I'm at the same weight I was at the end of my last fast. That would be great if I hadn't been fasting for almost three weeks.

Right now I'm paying for not tracking myself with a lot of confusion. I thought my fasting was more related to water fasting, but apparently it's quite a bit different. And in my mind, there's no way I should be this heavy unless I'm actually building muscle. I didn't think that was possible with the caloric deficit I'm running.
                  It sounds like your body is in starvation mode (search for the Wikipedia article on starvation response.)
                  I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                  Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Originally posted by jns View Post

It sounds like your body is in starvation mode (search for the Wikipedia article on starvation response.)
                    Yes, you're correct. I've been in starvation mode for much of the past year. Maybe there are degrees? I may have also been sleep deprived.

Either way, I won't be trying to work out and do strict fasting again.

Comment

• Still, did you call your doc office and at least ask to speak with the nurse? You should talk it over with someone who can help determine that it wasn't something else, like a syncopal episode. I know how you feel about docs, but really, such dietary restriction should be monitored closely, and this episode could be indicative of a serious problem. I know your doc supports your fasting method...if I were you, I'd talk it over with a pro.
                      Glad you weren't seriously injured. How are you feeling today? I'm a bit concerned about you Dear!

Comment

I'm a bit concerned about you Dear!
                        That makes me feel good. It's nice to be loved.

I'm doing well. I had to shut it down that one day, but I'm back on track. I worked out the past couple of days with no problems.

Think about it this way, when people have surgery on their digestive system, they need to go on a prolonged, strict liquid diet. This is a person who's sick or compromised in some way, but their bodies can take it. I'm on a less strict diet and I'm healthy. My body is not only handling my diet, it's benefitting.

How are you doing?

Comment

• I'm doing ok. Slowly getting back on track. Not really proud of myself the last couple months, but the setback is over and I'm going forward again.

I need sunshine and warmth. The cold just gets harder on me every year.

Comment

I need sunshine and warmth. The cold just gets harder on me every year.
                            agree! looking forward to spring

pouring rain last night (a one day warmup) I said grab the umbrellas, so we walked (and sang) in the rain
                            back to cold weather today with snow in the forecast

Comment

• I've had a weird off and on sinus infection. I stopped working out a few days ago and now seem back to my rapid weight loss. That pretty much confirms that I have been putting on muscle mass.

Some new suits that I had made for a snug fit a couple of months ago were loose on me, so I was fairly sure. My wife and I don't fit together the same way. Pretty weird. I was looking differently to myself too, but now the scale agrees. I'm again lighter than I've been since I was a teenager.

I was getting concerned that my lazy, intermittent, freestyling method was throwing my body off. I haven't made a juice at all - and that's what I feel is the best for restoration and weight loss. Now I know that nothing will stop me from burning fat, even if I'm not losing weight.

Comment

I haven't made a juice at all - and that's what I feel is the best for restoration and weight loss.
                                Does juicing reduce body weight partially due to less mass in the intestines?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                                X