• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AC7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't remember, do you change up your activities? If you're only using the elliptical you may be experiencing some muscle memory issues, causing a decreased output.

Have you looked into it?

Comment

Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
      I can't remember, do you change up your activities? If you're only using the elliptical you may be experiencing some muscle memory issues, causing a decreased output.

Have you looked into it?
      I have six different resistance routines that I alternate on. I could probably use some variety there, but my goal has just been to keep my body stressed for now.

The elliptical has been my only cardio lately, but I'll switch to mostly bike-riding when the weather breaks. Like with the resistance, my attitude has been just doing something for now. I want to just to finish losing weight first, then focus on the training more after.

I'm sure muscle memory comes into play with anything repetitive, but I don't see how that would decrease my output. Maybe I don't understand what you're saying? What do you mean by “output?”
      "Those sowing seed with tears
      Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

When the muscles are doing the same thing over and over, it actually takes less actual effort and energy on your part to achieve the same action.

Quite sure I'm not explaining it well, but the gist is, it takes less of your effort. The elliptical does some of the work for you, also...so I've read.

Same with treadmills. I can feel a difference walking a mile on flat ground, vs walking a mile in the gym on a treadmill...there's a small difference in energy required. I've read the science behind these but, I'm not articulating that info well.

Comment

I think what you're talking about is an issue with body builders because they can't get the same strength and mass gains from doing the same exercises, so they have to switch up.

I believe my problem is the opposite - my rapid muscle gain is confusing me. I was happier with my liquid diet results because even if I did lose muscle, I was losing weight and it was clear that most of it was fat. I thought I could replicate the weight loss without sacrificing solid food and muscle, but it's been months now and I've gained weight.

My wife just told me she also gained weight since she's joined me with the time restricted eating, but our scale is saying she's leaner. I may have to try that feature out to see if I can figure out what's going on. I know that the fasting triggers muscle growth, but I just didn't expect it to be this extreme. Maybe I'm still just eating too much? Maybe I need to slow up with the exercise? Focus more on cardio?
          "Those sowing seed with tears
          Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Working...
          X