Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AC7

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• I certainly agree it's a state of denial and a disassociation from reality there as well possibly.

Comment

• I hit my target weight. It’s been brutal, but I made it. I got sick, so my exercise has been stalled for a couple of weeks. I’m looking forward to getting that going again.

People have been commenting on the changes in my face. It’s very noticeable to me too now - moreso than my body. I don’t think I’ve seen myself like this before, even when I was a teenager. I always thought I naturally had a round head and face, but now it’s more narrow and angular. I look harsher.

I had been dreaming of my body being slimmer and imagining what that’d be like, but never considered I’d feel like I’m staring into someone else’s face when I look in the mirror.
      "Those sowing seed with tears
      Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• Congratulations on hitting your target. Slimmer bodies are more angular. You should get used to it.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• I'd like to look like you, Stillness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Popcorn&Candy View Post
            I'd like to look like you, Stillness.
            Can you rock a mustache?

Comment

• Congratulations! How are you celebrating your progress and reaching the goal?

Comment

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
                Congratulations! How are you celebrating your progress and reaching the goal?
                Eating.

I had pizza last night. It was the first time I’ve had food from a restaurant in a long time. I’ve had a lot of fun these past few days. Now I need a big bowl of popcorn. I also came up with a concept for some vegan “tuna fish” during my fast that I want to try to make.

Next week I start restricting again. Really I am even now. I’ll just start my stricter protocols next week. I’m shooting for 1-2 pounds a week until I am where I want to be.

atskitty2 Thanks, Kitty.

Comment

• I had pizza this weekend too, tho it was rather disappointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
                    I had pizza this weekend too, tho it was rather disappointing.
                    We had the best pizza that we know of in this area. But I also made a salad. It was so hearty that my wife stopped eating it so she could get some pizza. But we both agreed that the salad was the center of our meal and the flavor overshadowed the pizza’s. It was special.

Part of the reason was that I was trying put crushed peanut on it and ended up powdering the peanuts by mistake. When I put it on the salad it made for a dressing with an amazing flavor. I’ve never had the like of it.

——————

Originally posted by amy40
                    guess it's because my wt only goes down if I eat only one meal per day
                    Amy, just the fact that you know that is amazing. Do you know that the vast majority of people in this world don’t know what it’s like to restrict themselves to one meal a day on a regular basis? It would sound crazy to most people that aren’t forced to do something like that out of necessity.

I’ve gone 3 weeks without food, but I almost never strictly eat one meal a day, especially on a regular basis. It takes willpower to keep that up unless you have the right circumstances. I’ve been meditating on a stricter, sustainable OMAD protocol for myself. I may try it in the near future, depending on how things work out for me.

I’ve done 2-3 hour eating windows daily and felt like that was when I was the strongest and most energetic I’ve ever been in my life. But I feel like the real OMAD is one hour and I wanna try it. How do you feel doing it?

Comment

• Originally posted by amy40
                      what is OMAD?

"oh, mad" that can't eat much, lol?
                      That's funny and kinda true. Although I only get depressed over days of not eating. If I eat a little every day, I find that I'm happier and more energetic than when I eat all day.

I also prefer later eating. Partly because if I'm not eating, I'm fine. But once I start I don't want to stop.

Comment

• Unfortunately not, Stillness!

Anyhow, I eat very sensibly. However, I do have a weakness for chocolate. I could eat chocolate all day: but I don't.

I ate sushi for lunch on Monday. I love salmon paste sandwiches, too. I am addicted to cheese. For dinners I'll have healthy, homecooked meals. I usually cook these dishes with my sister [she lives down the road].

I do enjoy my food, but I don't go mad. I'll have the odd slice of cake and odd bag of crisps, but that's about as far as I'll go. Food is just food and I respect it. And my body.

Comment

• Originally posted by Popcorn&Candy View Post
                          I am addicted to cheese.
                          Seriously?

My cousin recently said he was addicted to cheese and meant it literally. I thought he was joking at first, but he assured me he was serious. Then I look it up and find this is apparently a real thing with some science behind the brain chemistry triggered by cheese.

It's weird because I can tolerate a little dairy, but find cheese to be disgusting. I had been gradually eating less and less for years. The last time I ate some I mistakenly bought real cheese instead of imitation. It tasted like a farm smells and I threw the whole bag away. It's interesting how we can acquire and lose tastes for things.

Comment

• A lot of my weight has come back. Kind of a bummer.

Comment

• Well, you did expect some of it to come back once you began giving your body calories again, right? How much have you regained?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stillness View Post
                                A lot of my weight has come back. Kind of a bummer.
                                Do you think most of what has came back is due to water (rehydration)?
                                I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                                Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                                X