Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AC7

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Eating a whole bag of chips and spoiling your appetite is a bad dietary choice. The state of mind behind eating yourself into a state of chronic, life-shortening illness is indistinguishable from other addictive behaviors, from a mental standpoint. At least as far as I can see.

Overeaters just get more of a pass.
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• But I really don't think some people realize that their diets are causing the problems or even contributing to the issues. Many have eaten that way all their lives, then suddenly are ill. They may have difficulty understanding that correlation.
      And I hate to say it, but some are also simply not intelligent or interested enough to do the research and understand it..

Maybe you're right, and it is a form of self loathing...I just don't know. Interesting. Didn't we have a topic on this long ago also??

Comment

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
        But I really don't think some people realize that their diets are causing the problems or even contributing to the issues. Many have eaten that way all their lives, then suddenly are ill. They may have difficulty understanding that correlation.
        I know first hand the truth in this.

But at the same time, I remember in my early twenties seeing a friend lose weight by changing his diet. Why didn't I try to do something similar? The idea that weight and health are connected to food is something easily understood, even from childhood. So, even if the situation is influenced by one's background and intellect, mental dysfunction still plays a role.

Think about a child that grows up surrounded by family and a community full of heavy smokers that becomes a smoker himself. Is he any less of an addict because that's just what people do in his culture and he "doesn't know any better?"

Comment

• I certainly agree it's a state of denial and a disassociation from reality there as well possibly.

Comment

• I hit my target weight. It’s been brutal, but I made it. I got sick, so my exercise has been stalled for a couple of weeks. I’m looking forward to getting that going again.

People have been commenting on the changes in my face. It’s very noticeable to me too now - moreso than my body. I don’t think I’ve seen myself like this before, even when I was a teenager. I always thought I naturally had a round head and face, but now it’s more narrow and angular. I look harsher.

I had been dreaming of my body being slimmer and imagining what that’d be like, but never considered I’d feel like I’m staring into someone else’s face when I look in the mirror.

Comment

• Congratulations on hitting your target. Slimmer bodies are more angular. You should get used to it.
              I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
              Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• I'd like to look like you, Stillness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Popcorn&Candy View Post
                  I'd like to look like you, Stillness.
                  Can you rock a mustache?

Comment

• Congratulations! How are you celebrating your progress and reaching the goal?

Comment

Congratulations! How are you celebrating your progress and reaching the goal?
                      Eating.

I had pizza last night. It was the first time I’ve had food from a restaurant in a long time. I’ve had a lot of fun these past few days. Now I need a big bowl of popcorn. I also came up with a concept for some vegan “tuna fish” during my fast that I want to try to make.

Next week I start restricting again. Really I am even now. I’ll just start my stricter protocols next week. I’m shooting for 1-2 pounds a week until I am where I want to be.

atskitty2 Thanks, Kitty.

Comment

• I had pizza this weekend too, tho it was rather disappointing.

Comment

• we had individual boboli crust pizza Thursday- yummy
                          haven't made it past 12# lost
                          we had superbowl snacks plus went out for CNY so that broke my "good behavior"

hoping to get back on track but not super motivated
                          guess it's because my wt only goes down if I eat only one meal per day

Comment

I had pizza this weekend too, tho it was rather disappointing.
                            We had the best pizza that we know of in this area. But I also made a salad. It was so hearty that my wife stopped eating it so she could get some pizza. But we both agreed that the salad was the center of our meal and the flavor overshadowed the pizza’s. It was special.

Part of the reason was that I was trying put crushed peanut on it and ended up powdering the peanuts by mistake. When I put it on the salad it made for a dressing with an amazing flavor. I’ve never had the like of it.

——————

Originally posted by amy40 View Post
                            guess it's because my wt only goes down if I eat only one meal per day
                            Amy, just the fact that you know that is amazing. Do you know that the vast majority of people in this world don’t know what it’s like to restrict themselves to one meal a day on a regular basis? It would sound crazy to most people that aren’t forced to do something like that out of necessity.

I’ve gone 3 weeks without food, but I almost never strictly eat one meal a day, especially on a regular basis. It takes willpower to keep that up unless you have the right circumstances. I’ve been meditating on a stricter, sustainable OMAD protocol for myself. I may try it in the near future, depending on how things work out for me.

I’ve done 2-3 hour eating windows daily and felt like that was when I was the strongest and most energetic I’ve ever been in my life. But I feel like the real OMAD is one hour and I wanna try it. How do you feel doing it?

Comment

• what is OMAD?

"oh, mad" that can't eat much, lol?

feel ok when I go to one meal which is dinner that make for family
                              works best if I stay up late i.e. most of night, then go back to bed after drive child to school
                              if sleeping during day, easier not to eat

then I go early to wait on child with other early parents for good parking space (read or do puzzles) and only start dinner when get back home

need to get back on that schedule cause if up most of day, just doesn't work and eat lunch OR breakfast and lunch plus dinner and lose not

Comment

• Originally posted by amy40 View Post
                                what is OMAD?

"oh, mad" that can't eat much, lol?
                                That's funny and kinda true. Although I only get depressed over days of not eating. If I eat a little every day, I find that I'm happier and more energetic than when I eat all day.

I also prefer later eating. Partly because if I'm not eating, I'm fine. But once I start I don't want to stop.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                                X