Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AC7

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Unfortunately not, Stillness!

Anyhow, I eat very sensibly. However, I do have a weakness for chocolate. I could eat chocolate all day: but I don't.

I ate sushi for lunch on Monday. I love salmon paste sandwiches, too. I am addicted to cheese. For dinners I'll have healthy, homecooked meals. I usually cook these dishes with my sister [she lives down the road].

I do enjoy my food, but I don't go mad. I'll have the odd slice of cake and odd bag of crisps, but that's about as far as I'll go. Food is just food and I respect it. And my body.

Comment

• Originally posted by Popcorn&Candy View Post
      I am addicted to cheese.
      Seriously?

My cousin recently said he was addicted to cheese and meant it literally. I thought he was joking at first, but he assured me he was serious. Then I look it up and find this is apparently a real thing with some science behind the brain chemistry triggered by cheese.

It's weird because I can tolerate a little dairy, but find cheese to be disgusting. I had been gradually eating less and less for years. The last time I ate some I mistakenly bought real cheese instead of imitation. It tasted like a farm smells and I threw the whole bag away. It's interesting how we can acquire and lose tastes for things.
      "Those sowing seed with tears
      Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• A lot of my weight has come back. Kind of a bummer.

Comment

• Well, you did expect some of it to come back once you began giving your body calories again, right? How much have you regained?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stillness View Post
            A lot of my weight has come back. Kind of a bummer.
            Do you think most of what has came back is due to water (rehydration)?
            I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
            Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
              Well, you did expect some of it to come back once you began giving your body calories again, right? How much have you regained?
              I weighed myself at 6 pounds heavier the previous week and that was what I expected. I expected to be a pound or two lighter last week, but had actually gained 4 more. I’ve been pretty strict, and that doesn’t make sense to me.

Originally posted by jns View Post

Do you think most of what has came back is due to water (rehydration)?
              I’m unsure of the full explanation, but yes, a lot of it has to be because there’s no way it’s fat. I just don’t understand why I was carrying that much water after I had fasted for 2.5 days. I weigh myself after fasts so that water won’t confuse me.

Sometimes I just get these fluke weigh-ins where I’m light or heavy, though. Only successive weighings reveal them. Hopefully this was a heavy one.

Comment

• Seriously, Stillness! LOL. Cheese is addictive.

Anyhow, I weighed myself today and my weight has dramatically gone down: I am very pleased. It goes to show not eating cr**p stops the weight gain. Plus, I've been eating normally. I do NOT starve myself: instead I choose healthy options. Yes, it's boring, but necessary. The body needs food to function and maintain bodily processes. Thankfully I eat healthy, homecooked meals every evening. Plus, I do a lot of walking. Sure, I'd like to lose more weight, but that doesn't mean I want to harm my health by not eating anything.

I'm not having a dig at anyone, but this is my point-of-view.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stillness View Post

I weighed myself at 6 pounds heavier the previous week and that was what I expected. I expected to be a pound or two lighter last week, but had actually gained 4 more. I’ve been pretty strict, and that doesn’t make sense to me.

I’m unsure of the full explanation, but yes, a lot of it has to be because there’s no way it’s fat. I just don’t understand why I was carrying that much water after I had fasted for 2.5 days. I weigh myself after fasts so that water won’t confuse me.

Sometimes I just get these fluke weigh-ins where I’m light or heavy, though. Only successive weighings reveal them. Hopefully this was a heavy one.
                  Several scales that I could never be quite sure of were the reason I bought one of the old fashioned doctor scales, the type with weights that slide and has a folding, extending measuring stick for height measurements. Before, I would weigh myself before doing number 2 and then afterwards. The problem was that I came out 2 pounds heavier afterwards. Simply not possible with a properly working precision weighing instrument. Never had a problem with the doctor scale. Accurate at least to 1/4 pound. If I remember correctly is was a bit less than $200 delivered for peace of mind.
                  I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                  Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Originally posted by Popcorn&Candy View Post
                    Sure, I'd like to lose more weight, but that doesn't mean I want to harm my health by not eating anything.

I'm not having a dig at anyone, but this is my point-of-view.
                    I don't take it as it dig. I get that it can be disturbing emotionally and culturally to think of going without food. And I also view it as a fact that we need it for energy. The questions that need to be asked is: What qualifies as eating? Do we have to constantly take in food all day like a hummingbird to survive or even thrive? Or can we store food like a bear and go long stretches without putting more into our mouths?

It's a fact that we can not only survive, but live very well off of food stored in our bodies. I've done it, P&C. A lot of people have throughout history and up until this very day. That's what body fat is for. Fasting is part of a lot of cultural and religious practice for a reason. Unless you've exhausted fat stores and your body is being forced to break down organs, it improves bodily functions and sharpens the mind. This is not theory or opinion. We're just disconnected from this aspect of our nature because of our historically unprecedented wealth. Thus the epidemic levels of obesity.

I'm not a fasting advocate, though. Do what works for you. But I'd put the concept that fasting is harmful right along with the one that exercise is. It ignores our physiology, the experience of countless people, and the science that shows it promoting health and longevity.

Comment

• Originally posted by jns View Post

Several scales that I could never be quite sure of were the reason I bought one of the old fashioned doctor scales, the type with weights that slide and has a folding, extending measuring stick for height measurements...If I remember correctly is was a bit less than $200 delivered for peace of mind.
                      Not a bad idea. I wonder a lot about how my scale reacts to where it's positioned and temperature and humidity changes.

Comment

• I do wonder about the accuracy of scales. How do you tell if they are accurate? I weigh myself daily, just before my shower: just to make sure it is accurate. I seem to go between two weight measurements and never weigh the same every morning. I am not fat but I would like to be lighter.

I think a lot of people want that, though!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Is Childfree Right For Me? Discuss It Here

thanks, Popcorn & Candy

didn't have time before but do want to address some of the points re article
                          - never grew up wanting to...

Today, 12:48 PM By amy40
                        • Reply to Which is the best way to decrease weight?

Hello!
                          The most important advice that has already been in this discussion is to spend more calories than getting them! I myself adhere to this tactic:...

Today, 08:38 AM By Nate Julia
                        • Reply to Acne

Acne is a most common skin disease. Avoid chemical. Use natural products. Wash your face twice a day. Use lemon juice. It's really work.

Today, 08:25 AM By sarabjot
                        • Reply to Hello

Hello Everyone, I am here new. I am Sarabjot. I am working at Sofat Infertility Centre. I am From Ludhiana , Punjab.

Today, 08:23 AM By sarabjot
                        • Reply to Has anyone felt like a third wheel?

Thank you both soooo much. You both have helped me realise what I know deep down is right. I feel like I want to send you both chocolates !!!!! I have...

Yesterday, 06:29 PM By secretkeeper

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Is Childfree Right For Me? Discuss It Here

Are you conflicted with the decision of whether being childfree is right for you? Or, you already know deep inside but are struggling with guilt or pressure?...

03-08-2019, 01:01 PM By Ashlee T.
                        • Hello

Hi, Everyone!

Greetings all. I am a new member here

02-26-2019, 04:58 AM By alexcarey
                        • Has anyone felt like a third wheel?

What do I do in this situation? I value all your thoughts here. My husband and I had a couple we spent quite a bit of time with enjoying outings and dinners...

03-22-2019, 01:45 AM By secretkeeper
                        • Whats wrong with my sex?!

I have a question.. Me and my guy have been together almost 5 years. We used to have amazing sex. Now... It's few and far between. Every time he goes...

03-22-2019, 10:25 AM By stateofconfusion
                        • Mid-Cycle Bleeding

Hi,

Okay, so in November I had a nervous breakdown. Had a normal cycle until February. About day 16-18 I had brown and clumpy spotting, right...

03-22-2019, 06:23 PM By almostbritain
                        Working...
                        X