Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AC7

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Originally posted by jns View Post

My experience with processed foods is that they are a likely cause for weight gain even if you are keeping your calories down.
    Yeah, I wasn’t aware that minimally processed products made with whole foods (e.g. peanut butter, whole grain pasta) spike blood sugar more than the intact food.
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• Still, have you tried making your own peanut butter, or other nut butters?

Comment

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
        Still, have you tried making your own peanut butter, or other nut butters?
        No. My juicer can make it, but I've never actually done it. I may have made some at Whole Foods, but I typically buy peanut butter or almond butter from Kroger or Meijer. I buy the kind that's just nuts.

Comment

• Funnily enough, I bought peanut butter from the supermarket yesterday! I had a peanut butter sandwich this morning: delicious. I wouldn't attempt to make it myself, though! LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by amy40
            just reached 16lb so losing 1lb per mos

will report back in Oct, lol
            to see if make it to twenty
            Most people are gaining weight slowly. 2/3 of the population are overweight now. If you're steadily and consistently slimming, it puts you far ahead of the curve. I'm proud of you. This is very encouraging.

I've taken a break for the past month and a half. I think my body forced me too. I was feeling stress that I couldn't shake. Then I got a bad cold. I think my immune system was suppressed. Following that was allergies. So I've been chilling - no serious exercise or weight loss efforts. It's been cool eating normally. I realized that I haven't felt that for two years. It gave me a glimpse of what life will be like for me once I get where I want to be.

Now, play time is over. I'm relaxed and enjoying the sun. I've been working out every day for a few days. I started my first weight loss push since the middle of April. I'm shooting for dropping 20+ pounds over the next month. I'm going to the beach in July and want to look much better than I do now.

Comment

• Homemade peanut butter is da bomb I encourage you to try it Still. I don't have time any more, so I buy the natural nut butters too. Side note: this is one area that buying organic is worth the extra dollar or two.

Comment

• I would never have thought of making my own peanut butter, atskitty2! I probably won't, but it is a good suggestion. I definitely love the stuff.

Do you remember nutella? I loved that, too! Yummy breakfast food. I especially liked the one with white chocolate in.

I am hungry now!

Comment

• I won 12 jars of nut butters from a small shop called She's Nuts and omg.....dangerous. Her almond/pecan butters are pure heaven. The honey lavender is my favorite, but I didn't try one single flavor that was not delicious. They are all totally pure, too. No added junk! It was hard for me to have them and not overindulge.
                  "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Nutella is not a healthy food, so no, I haven't eaten that in years. But yes, I do recall it's delicious!

Comment

shocked to see just lost another two lbs so up to 18 lbs lost
                      when I hit 20 lbs, will be jumping for joy because been wanting to lose twenty forever, lol

not doing anything different but now that we found house & not looking anymore, am feeling less stress
                      maybe that is helpful?
                      Awesome! Thanks for the update, Amy. Are you still doing time restricted eating?

I'm down a good 3-4 pounds, but I'm still up 15 pounds from where I was in the beginning of April. I'm in a good place with my techniques and health right now. I'm going to push hard so that I'm about 15 pounds lighter early in July.

Comment

think right now going up to 17 hrs between eating
                        don't eat when getting up and wait as long as can before eating
                        that is proving the best for me plus
                        Nice. I guess the Amy with “no willpower” has died and been reborn into a powerhouse of self-control.

The 15 pounds will be hard, but I should at least get close. Once I get back I’ll get to a more steady program like yours.

Comment

• It is hard to have self control when faced with a delicious meal! LOL.

Comment

• I'm dragging a bit, but there's little doubt I'll hit my 15 pound goal now. I already see it in my mind. I may not be the lightest I've ever been by the end of the month, but I should be within 5-6 pounds of it. By the end of July I should drop another 5-10 pounds. After that I don't know.

Maybe I'll take another break and work on getting some wind in my lungs. My cousin wants me to run/walk a marathon with her in the fall. I just might.

Originally posted by Popcorn&Candy View Post
                            It is hard to have self control when faced with a delicious meal! LOL.
                            Self control is like a muscle. Exercise it a little and it gets stronger.

Comment

• I'm dragging too Still. I've not been adhering as strictly to my diet or exercise and I really am feeling the difference. My life and schedule have changed dramatically over the past few months, so I'm trying to adjust & get into some sort of routine and rhythm. It's been so difficult, for some reason. I have even less time for it, than I did before, and I'm struggling to figure out what has to give. Too many "priorities". Too many important things that HAVE to get done, and my time for planning meals and exercise seems to always be what gets pushed to lesser importance.
                              I get things done often, but not consistently, as I need to.

Comment

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
                                Too many "priorities". Too many important things that HAVE to get done, and my time for planning meals and exercise seems to always be what gets pushed to lesser importance.
                                I get things done often, but not consistently, as I need to.
                                Yeah, all my certainty about hitting my goals went out the window when I did my weekly weigh-in this morning. I'm not as light as I think I need to be to hit my goals when I want to hit them, which is now sooner than I planned. Some family stuff has come up that I need to deal with and I can't be fasting when I do.

I wanted to be done by this week, but my absolute deadline is a week from now. I'm not sure if I can even hit where I want to hit then. Man plans, God laughs.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Hi Guys!

Wondering if I can get some advice here. I was on Yasmin for years and about a year ago switched to Lo Loestrin because my...

Today, 09:59 AM By lp84
                                • Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Today, 05:40 AM By jehand
                                • Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Yesterday, 01:11 AM By jns
                                • Reply to ***Ladies reaction to men at a nude beach/pool***

The term “business process” is used to describe the organization and structure of interrelated actions of company employees with the only purpose...

07-20-2019, 01:51 AM By driiols
                                • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Last night I didn't notice my g/f hadn't shaved in a while. I wouldn't have noticed if she hadn't of brought it to my attention.

07-19-2019, 06:42 PM By WaveRider

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Hi Guys!

Wondering if I can get some advice here. I was on Yasmin for years and about a year ago switched to Lo Loestrin because my...

Today, 09:59 AM By lp84
                                • Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Today, 05:40 AM By jehand
                                • Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Yesterday, 01:11 AM By jns
                                • Introduction

Hello Everyone!
                                  I am new to this forum.

06-27-2019, 04:40 AM By linakhonde
                                • motivation

can't find the "motivation" post of mine so assuming it was started in past year & gone with rest of my last year posts that vanished mysteriously...

07-13-2019, 11:32 AM By amy40
                                Working...
                                X