• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 Day Water Fast – An Experiment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stillness View Post
    Day 7: 208.4
    Day 8: 207.2

The negative symptoms have tapered off along with the pace of weight loss. I could do this indefinitely. I’d like to try 2+ weeks in the future. I might do it now if I didn’t have a trip planned.

Decided to slightly prolong the refeeding process. Every source says it’s critical to do it with care. In addition to the liquids on day 11, I’ll eat light, simple foods on day 12.
    At this point l would consider your continuing water weight loss to be minimal. l assume you are still exercising. Have you had your electrolytes checked to see if you are still good?
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by jns View Post

At this point l would consider your continuing water weight loss to be minimal. l assume you are still exercising. Have you had your electrolytes checked to see if you are still good?
      Yes, I exercise daily.

No, I haven’t had any medical supervision. I never have for what I’ve done, besides asking my doctor about juice fasting a few years ago and getting annual physical results.

I also research what I do, look at how others have done it, and proceed with care. And I’m building on what I’ve done myself. A healthy body is pretty tough and intelligently handles scarcity.
      "Those sowing seed with tears
      Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Hey, or your weight after coming back to old habits come back?
        Invite on my blog:
        Last edited by jns; 11-10-2018, 05:43 AM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

Day 9: 205.8
          Day 10: 205.0
          Day 11: 204.2

Comment

Refeed Day 2: 203.4 Lbs.; Waist 44-7/8" (measured yesterday)

This is my last record for now. I broke my fast unceremoniously with half of a blackberry yesterday. The other half went into a juice that tasted like a symphony on my tongue. I literally felt tears well up in my eyes at the first sip. I'm not sure if it was emotions, some sort of physiological response, or a combination of the two.

I didn't expect to lose 20 pounds.
            It used to take me three times as long to do that with juices and smoothies. I didn't realize how much easier it is to fast with liquid food until I ate a hot soup during dinner with my wife. It used to be harder for me. Now it's a cakewalk. The weakness and fatigue of the water fast is gone - replaced with all the power and mental acuity I used to enjoy deep into my green juice fasts last year. I'm not ready to stop.

My final picture showed me slimmer, but still shockingly out of shape. Taking those pictures alone made this experience well worth it. It was eye-opening. Fasting may not be for everyone, but I think everyone should see a naked picture of themselves. I've been in a mental fog about my body for too long. No more.

Still my body is harder. My mind and my determination too. This was life-changing. Knowing something can be done and doing it are very different things. There's much more to say, but I'm out of time.

Comment

Congratulations on your fast. It sounds like you will get to where you want to be. Yesterday I wore 42 inch waist shorts that fit comfortably. It has been a while for that. Some others of that size are still tight. I hope that Kmart survives as it is the go to place for my clothes.
              I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
              Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

KMart is goin' down jns...lol sorry!
                Congratulations Still! Stay healthy, Friend!

Comment

Originally posted by Stillness View Post
                  [FONT=Calibri][B]Refeed Day 2: 203.4 Lbs.
                  I didn't expect to lose 20 pounds..
                  great job on losing 20# Stillness

wondering how the weight will stay off once regular eating is resumed?
                  regain at all after fasting or does your body maintain the weight loss?

Comment

Originally posted by amy40 View Post

great job on losing 20# Stillness

wondering how the weight will stay off once regular eating is resumed?
                    regain at all after fasting or does your body maintain the weight loss?
                    Thanks, Amy. I typically allow myself to regain 7-8 pounds after my longer fasts. I haven’t done just water this long, so I don’t exactly know what to expect.

Unfortunately my schedule ripped me away from conducting this little experiment in the ideal way. I still haven’t resumed normalcy and won’t until next week. I’ll weigh myself then and update.

Comment

Working...
                    X