Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

motivation

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• The key is regular exercise. I work out at the gym 3 times a week and do hot yoga 2 or 3 times. But the key is persistent regularity. If you can stick to it for a year then you'll notice the difference. Then you can assess your diet. But the key is exercise

Comment

• I lift weights 3 times a week. It's much more fun than running on a treadmill. I get my cardio from yoga. It honestly works and isn't monotonous

Comment

• You've got the right approach, Val_R.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stillness View Post
          . I think weighing myself once a week has been important so that I don't lose sight of where I am this time.
          weigh myself at least 3X per day
          morning, evening, and once in between

up to 22# loss
          new goal:
          would like to get to 30# loss to have a "buffer" for special occasions so as not to gain back any of the twenty two

Comment

• Originally posted by amy40 View Post

weigh myself at least 3X per day
            morning, evening, and once in between

up to 22# loss
            new goal:
            would like to get to 30# loss to have a "buffer" for special occasions so as not to gain back any of the twenty two
            Awesome! Thank you for this. So encouraging!

That constant weighing would drive me crazy though. More than once or twice a week and I'm feeling obsessive.
            "Those sowing seed with tears
            Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• can't help it, lol
              scale is right in bathroom so tempted to use it even more but have to stop myself

Comment

• I can't help but weigh myself daily but i also take tape measurements weekly. The monthly tape reads are the showing of what exactly is changing in your body. In the past 6 months I've lost 4 inches from my waist but added almost 2 inches to my thighs in muscle and im down over a stone.

I wish i started lifting weights and squatting in my 30s. Now im less focused on weight and more on keeping my body tight. Although ill never have a flat stomach

Comment

• Much better muscle than fat, Val_R. Good on you, too, for losing over a stone. I want to do the same, but don't like exercise. I know I should, but I don't like it. However, I do enjoy walking.

Still, good on you and I am sure more weight will be lost in time.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                  X