Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What books are you reading right now?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• I just finished Princess of Landover by Terry Brooks. It is a great book, and if you like fantasy I suggest you read the series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Olympia View Post
      Thought i would re-read some of Len Deighton's.. Berlin Game, Mexico Set, London Match, Spy Hook, Spy Line, and Spy Sinker...
      I Love his spy/espionage' character Bernard Sampson..

WC, How far are you into your book..? Would you recomend..?
      It's an interesting read. Quite a few of the contributors really were pioneers in sexology. The stories of trying to find material, getting approval in academic circles, and those such as a transgender contributor who dealt with a great deal of prejudist, show how far we have and haven't come.

Comment

• The stories of trying to find material, getting approval in academic circles, and those such as a transgender contributor who dealt with a great deal of prejudist, show how far we have and haven't come.
        I understand that... There are battles every day around the US in our local Libraries to uphold the Constitution.. Freedoms! Individual People/Organizations/Church groups..trying to get books taken off our shelves because of the content/title/subject matter..
        [COLOR=purple][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

• I love to read fiction but with all the school assignments, I don't have time. Right now I'm reading "Fundamentals of Philosophy (7th Edition)", it is the most boreing book I ever tried to read. I usually get good grades but I'm worried about this class.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
          Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
          ― Bodhidharma

Comment

• Originally posted by chisaki View Post
            I love to read fiction but with all the school assignments, I don't have time. Right now I'm reading "Fundamentals of Philosophy (7th Edition)", it is the most boreing book I ever tried to read. I usually get good grades but I'm worried about this class.
            That's unfortunate. Philosophy can be a facinating subject. It's mental masterbation raised to an art form.

Comment

• Right now I'm reading "Fundamentals of Philosophy (7th Edition)", it is the most boreing book I ever tried to read.
              Ugh...I can relate. "Learning and Behavior active learning 6th edition". Psychology of why rats make wrong turns in a maze, why they press a lever, and why humans can adapt to change because of learning new things. Horrible.
              There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• Almost finished with Women Lead the Way - very interesting. Last week I was a member of an interview panel selecting a new member of the exec mgmt team. One of my questions was about mentoring. One of the interviewees (a woman) answered with what was almost a direct quote from the book. Anyway, I'd recommend the book to everyone - yeah, even to you guys Thanks for pointing this one out, WildChild!

Also in the midst of The Bhagavad Gita. Finally found a translation that I could comprehend. Am taking this one slow - as there is lots to chew on. Thanks to Virgile for his recommendation - on the book as well as other things....

Comment

• Originally posted by p3375 View Post
                  Almost finished with Women Lead the Way - very interesting. Last week I was a member of an interview panel selecting a new member of the exec mgmt team. One of my questions was about mentoring. One of the interviewees (a woman) answered with what was almost a direct quote from the book. Anyway, I'd recommend the book to everyone - yeah, even to you guys Thanks for pointing this one out, WildChild!
                  Glad you're reading it! I really do think everyone, female and male, should.

I've been reading Chocolat. Love the movie. The book is very different and as is usually the case, better. Let's just say it's right up my alley.

Comment

• I love harry potter! I wish stuff like that existed lol..Im a dork too i love disney movies, and the disney channel.
                    if she's amazing she won't be easy. If she's easy she won't be amazing.. If she's worth it you won't give up.. And if you give up your not worth it..

Comment

• Kathryn - Missing Pieces
                      By Genara Palmer
                      Last edited by WildChild; 10-12-2010, 11:38 AM. Reason: Removed outbound link- not permitted

Comment

• I just finished reading the Sookie Stackhouse series, it was really good and a lot different than the show Truebloods. I started reading the Vampire Diaries but they are really not very good, and I thought the show was okay.

Comment

• A great read is the Slight Edge by Jeff Olsen. It's quick and easy. But it reminds you of the little things you do everyday is what moves you forward in life. I recommend it to everyone.
                          Change is possible, day by day!

Need help reaching your goals, ask me! I'd love to support and coach you for Free!

Comment

• Charlotte Bronte - Jane Eyre

I am HOOKED.

Comment

• Ooh I recently finished The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver which entered into the number one spot on my top ten. It has her main character mixing in with Diego Rivera, Frida Kahlo and Leon Trotsky. Great read! And now I'm reading her Animal, Vegetable, Miracle which follows her family for one year as they live completely off of the land. It is making me want to have a garden...bad, but I'm in the desert for now

Comment

• The water of the wondrous isles - language is odd but easy enough to understand

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                                X