• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV shows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV shows

What TV shows are you watching?

don't have cable, but some antennae tv favorites:

me- The Middle, Fresh off the Boat, and Blackish

with our child- old shows like house on the prairie, lassie, Mr Ed
    also Master Chef Jr, sometimes Middle, Fresh off Boat (depending on topic)

Comment

ClaireKay
      since you asked, what's your favorite shows?

Comment

I am a big scifi fan. Right now watching Incorporated, The Librarians and Grimm. Sherlock just finished. I also like Blackish and Life in Pieces. Adam Ruins Everything and Daily Show for some intellectual humor. And as a big anime buff, right now I'm watching Naruto Shipuden with the kids. However, I usually am doing some type of work while watching. Can't spare time to just sit down and watch TV. Incorporated and Sherlock are probably the only shows I actually sit down and watch.
        Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

The man in the high castle. It's decent, but the verdict is still out for me. If my wife wasn't into it, I can't say I'd be pressed to watch another episode. We have different tastes so we often watch what one likes and the other tolerates.

Speaking of anime, I couldn't get into naruto. What I did just watch and really enjoy is the second season of Aijin. That's the kind of stuff I watch by myself.
          "Those sowing seed with tears
          Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Originally posted by Stillness View Post
            Speaking of anime, I couldn't get into naruto. What I did just watch and really enjoy is the second season of Aijin. That's the kind of stuff I watch by myself.
            You're an anime fan too? I didn't know that. Naruto is good to watch with the kids. Interesting enough for me but kid friendly. I've never heard of Aijin but it looks like something totally up my alley. I like action, supernatural and scifi stuff that have complex stories and isn't so black and white about good and evil. Some of my favorites are Fullmetal Alchemist, Blood+, Speed Grapher, Samurai Champloo, Ergo Proxy, Moribito. I usually have a series I'm watching on my own and one I'm watching with the kids. Unfortunately my husband won't even try to watch it with me
            Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

Originally posted by DreamP346 View Post
              You're an anime fan too?
              Some of my favorite shows of all time are anime. My wife doesn't care for them at all, but I was shocked when she came in and watched a few episodes of Sword Art Online with me a few months ago. I don't think it's a coincidence that it was in a sappy, emotional lull in the second season that I thought was the worst point of the series. She was surprised that a cartoon had that much heart and depth. Gave me a small sense of vindication.

I saw all of the new FMA: Brotherhood and I believe I saw Blood+. I watched some of Samurai Champloo, but couldn't get into it. I've heard of Ergo Proxy and Moribito, but haven't checked them out. I'll take a look.

If you like supernatural, sci-fi type stuff, Aijin is awesome. Death Note, Claymore, Hunter X Hunter (2011), and Parasyte are also very strange, but outstanding. Some of the themes and scenes in Death Note and Hunter X Hunter are what comes to mind when I think of the greatest art I've ever experienced. I've never seen anything comparable. Definitely not for the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Stillness View Post
                My wife doesn't care for them at all, but I was shocked when she came in and watched a few episodes of Sword Art Online with me a few months ago. I don't think it's a coincidence that it was in a sappy, emotional lull in the second season that I thought was the worst point of the series. She was surprised that a cartoon had that much heart and depth. Gave me a small sense of vindication.
                If your wife is willing to try, watch Basilisk. It has a total romantic element with lots of action and monsters too. One of my favorites. InuYahsa is another one with a romantic component. I liked it a lot but wouldn't say its on my top favorite list.

Comment

I've actually seen Moribito, Basilisk, and the first few episodes of Inuyahsa. I stopped watching InuYahsa for some reason, but can't remember. I think I may have just gotten busy and forgot about it.

Ergo Proxy has been in my DVD queue since October 2014, so I had looked into at at some point. I'll push it forward.

Comment

I watch very little TV. I have Netflix for times I wanna stare at the TV and zone out. Usually investigation shows.

One of the students who lived with me was into Naruto. I couldn't stand it. The sound of his constant shouting to me was so distracting.
                    I actually saw the first few episodes of Death Note tho. Very good. I could have watched that.

Comment

Master Chef Jr started again, kid and I are amazed how those young kids can cook
                      tonight was tarts, salmon,pork chops, and scallops

so going to buy pork chops when shop as they looked pretty tasty

Comment

The kids are amazing and Gordon Ramsey put on an amazing display of cooking.
                        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

I like:

Relic Hunter
                          2 Broke Girls
                          Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners
                          Sheena
                          Alias
                          Dark Angel
                          Charmed
                          Tru Calling

There are other TV shows I love but those are the main ones.

Comment

Working...
                          X