Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YouTube: Daughter Of The Streets

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• YouTube: Daughter Of The Streets

If you like your films, then I'd recommend you watching this movie on YouTube. I have watched it loads of times and it's great!

It's about an 18 year old high school student who gets into prostitution, due to money worries. Her brother is disabled, as well. This adds to Charley's distress. But Charley has a saving grace: her mom. But she doesn't realize until the end of the film when she's assaulted, that her mom is her best friend. Her mother saves her, basically.

It is a beautiful real-life story and just touches the heart. I've watched this film many times and never grow bored. If you're interested, then just go on YouTube. You'd want to use the Brandy Crawford link.

I know this is a plug, but it isn't spam. Anyhow, if you do watch it, I hope you get as much inspiration as I did.

• These are the kind of "plugs" we like. I'm sure many of us can relate to not fully appreciating our parents when we were teens. I know I didn't. Unfortunately, I was 17 when my dad passed away and I was still at a very selfish teenage stage of my life. But that taught me a terrible but valuable life-changing lesson and you better believe I have appreciated every second of my mom since.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• I lost a parent a few years ago. My mum and I weren't always in touch [my parents divorced and we moved away] and that broke my heart. Losing my mum has made me realize how valuable relationships, friendships and every other type of interaction are. My dad and I are close, though, and I will not waste what years he's around for. I won't make the same mistake twice.

Anyhow, I am glad the plug was acceptable because I do not post spam [which you guys should know by now!].

Anyone that did watch "Daughter Of The Streets" what were your thoughts?

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to AC7

Funnily enough, I bought peanut butter from the supermarket yesterday! I had a peanut butter sandwich this morning: delicious. I wouldn't attempt to make...

Today, 05:51 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Reply to I dont trust Mother

I can understand your feelings about your brother: he should've known better than to take and squander your mother's money. Because - as you know - he...

Today, 05:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Reply to So nervous about my first pap smear

I second Ashlee T's post.

It'll be over before you know it and will be painless. You could talk to the nurse doing the pap smear and tell...

Today, 05:40 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Reply to What kind of music do you listen to?

I am definitely a pop princess when it comes to music! I love Kylie, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Girls Aloud, Sugababes, The Pussycat Dolls. As you can tell,...

Today, 05:34 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Reply to hello all

Welcome back, Olympia!

Today, 05:32 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X