Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why me.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• why me.

so i was out last thursday and i was with my friend amanda and steph, we went to a place where we always go, we were drinking , and i hookedup with this kid. he told me he really likes me and wants to get with me all the time, but then he goes and tellls everyone what we did, and says i'm ugly and fat. when i heard this i just wanted to cry. now i look in the mirrror and just think i'm ugly, and i hate the way i look and i think i'm fatter then i was. i wish noone ever told me what he said..

• What a jerk. This is the problem with hook-ups with guys you don't really know, you have no idea how they are going to act afterward. Please do not take what this guy says seriously. If he truly thought you were ugly and fat he wouldn't have hooked up with you in the first place, and he sure as heck wouldn't tell everyone about it. Sounds like he is just insecure and wanted to say something bad about you before you said anything bad about him (even if you never planned on it).

Don't ever let what anyone else says (especially someone this lowly) make you feel less than you know you are. Just chalk it up as life experience in the world of boys where some are jerks, but luckily most aren't. Avoid random hook-ups... get to know a guy a little first that way you know the type of person he is, his character, before you let him too close to you.
    Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Comment

• I'm guessing he was quite young too, like teenager or early 20s? Lana is absolutely right, and with experience you'll learn to look for certain signs and avoid guys like that.

Hey if you really want to know what others think of you, ask a straight girl or a gay guy, because THEY will tell you the truth, without any agenda like this jerk had. At least that's what a gay guy friend of mine told me last night.

Comment

• what a jerk, young guys can be such pricks, hey it sounds like he has a little penis and is very insecure himself, DONT LET HIM WIN! go out with your girlfriends and find a goodlooking guy on the dance floor,
        get with him. lol true it will do good for your self essteem, if you look at it as 'omg i picked up a hottie!! im a hottie"!!
        lol no truly if you cant bring yourself to be a lil hussy for one night,then look deep within and ask yourself, Am i going to let a insignificant little dweeb ruin me loving me ??
        i say no and so should you, YES hes just a prick dont let him win girl,and i bet your very beutiful.
        hugs to you.., i hope you feel better soon!!!!!

Comment

• what a jerk, young guys can be such pricks, hey it sounds like he has a little penis and is very insecure himself, DONT LET HIM WIN! go out with your girlfriends and find a goodlooking guy on the dance floor,
          get with him. lol true it will do good for your self essteem, if you look at it as 'omg i picked up a hottie!! im a hottie"!!
          lol no truly if you cant bring yourself to be a lil hussy for one night,then look deep within and ask yourself, Am i going to let a insignificant little dweeb ruin me loving me ??
          i say no and so should you, YES hes just a prick dont let him win girl,and i bet your very beutiful.
          hugs to you.., i hope you feel better soon!!!!!
          So the solution to a one night stand is to be a 'lil hussy' and have another one night stand? Maybe I am missing something here...
          There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• I think what she meant was that it might help your self esteem to know that you can go get another good-looking guy whenever you want one!

That's true, of course, but you don't necessarily have to go have another hook-up to feel better. You could go find a guy friend to hang out with who will treat you well, or go take part in an activity where the people appreciate you for who you are and not whether you're pretty.

I agree with the others; random hook-ups are just bad news. If you want casual sex there are better ways to get it than at a bar!

Comment

• Go shopping, buy a hot outfit, get all dressed up with your friends and go out... This always makes me feel good about myself. If you ever see this guy again act as if he's the one who should be embarrassed and show him what he's missin' and can never have

Comment

• Ok I hear what everyone is saying but those are just temporary fixes. You have to first realize that it doesn't matter what anyone says or thinks about it, it matter what you think about yourself! His words are rude but should have no impact on you other than...saying WTF is his problem. You must not be that bad looking because it didn't stop him from jumping at the chance to be with you. It didn't stop him from persuing you. If you were ugly it would have just been a one hitter quiter, nothing that had words of attraction attached to them. How was it? Hopeless might be correct in saying he wanted to say something before you did. Point of the matter is you need to love all of you no matter what. What you don't appreciate fix, or find a way to appreciate it. Don't allow others to rule over your feelings for yourself. True talk mommas live your life on your terms....
                [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Everything I'm not makes me Everything I am[/FONT];)

Comment

• i agree with alot of what some people have said here. no one should be able to tell you what you are worth. you have to be able to look in the mirror without any concern without any one elses opinion and say im beautiful regardless of what anyone else thinks

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
                  • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  Working...
                  X