Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you Love or Hate Lady Gaga?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Originally posted by Isabellacat View Post
    Somehow alot of music today is'nt as good as before. Seems like it's too overhyped. I heard about Lady Gaga from a bunch of Myspace spams first. Not like before when good music was usually discovered by word of mouth.

She seems to crave alot of attention. I have to say tho, that meat dress she wore is just absolutely disgusting and offensive. Sorry I'm a vegetarian and I just find that very appalling.
    100% agree with you.

Comment

• I don't like people who like to stick out, who think they are special, unique, different... Chill out, you're only a human being!!!! I guess Lady Gaga is talented, but, look, we all talk about the way she looks, her antics, freaky outfits, no one's really talking about the quality of her music or her voice.

Comment

• I think she has zero talent and I think her whole personality is really quite sad. My time is too precious to waste any more of it commenting about her.

Comment

• Her music is not really my thing, but I would not say that she has zero talent. She can sing, play the piano and writes her own songs (including having written many songs for other well-known artists before recording her own album.) Seeing her perform with Elton John at the Grammys was cool. With regard to costumes and everything else, she is a performer/entertainer.

Comment

• The song she co-wrote with Michael Bolton "Murder My Heart" is very good. I guess you can't go wrong with Bolton singing...
            Before you talk about what you want ~ Be happy with what you have

Comment

• I use to like her but she just turned into this character.
              That tries way too hard to be differnet. I'm glad all the
              hype about her went down.All in all she makes good
              music.But I honestly don't care for her anymore.

Comment

• She is this generation's answer to Madonna....nothing more, nothing less.

Leads with shock value, follows up with some musical talent and song writing skills.

Much like Madonna, once her flame burns out, she will disappear into obscurity, just like Madonna and nobody will care.

Comment

• lady gaga...a leader not a fowoller in the musice instrustry..thats wast makes her so unique. i think her lyrics could match her look a little more XD

Comment

• I adore her 100% ! And her new song "Judas" has stolen my heart.
                    Catholic church is ****ed at her again for this one, but I love it.
                    "Hurt myself again today and the worst part is there's no one else to blame."

Comment

• i love her as a good singer.. she have lots of fan following.. and got a great talent too... she is good...

Comment

• I listen to her music, my favourite songs are Alejandro and just dance.
                        I don't like her style and fashion though, but in the same time I love that she's unique and has her own style and doesn't care about what others think about it!

Comment

• I love her, to me, she's a strong, inspiring, unique young woman. I love her. One of my favourite female artist! I love Telephone, Born This Way, Edge ofGlory, Poker Face, Just Dance, Bad Romance, Alejandro... I could go on forever!
                          "There will be times when people will tell you that you can't live your dreams. This is what I tell them: Never Say Never." -JB
                          "If you enter this world knowing you are loved & you leave this world knowing the same then everything that happens in between can be dealt with." -MJ
                          "Don't be a sl**t , remember your dream, do your music & keep it special." - Bruno Mars.
                          I idolise MJ, JB, Bruno & Demi Lovato.

Comment

• Listen to her song Bloody Mary , it's amazing. Very deep too.
                            "Hurt myself again today and the worst part is there's no one else to blame."

Comment

• This is hard for me to answer. I LIKE the fact that she embraces her own style and doesn't care what people think, but I dislike her use of a Madonna song for her latest hit. Stuff like that bothers me, no matter who does it.

As for the rest of her music I think it's successfully catchy, but nothing great. Do I think she's a good singer? Yes. Do I think she's a very interesting person? Yes. Do I think she would be amazing in concert? Yes. But I would go for her weirdness, not her songs.
                              "A loving heart is the truest wisdom"-Charles Dickens

"True love stories never have endings." - Richard Bach

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." - Ghandi

Wait for the guy who would do anything to be your everything <3

Comment

• I initially ignored Gaga and wrote her off as another provocative, gimicky product of the pop industry but her ambtion, catchy music and unique style drew my eventually got my attention. I think she has raised the bar for the pop industry and has also shown up Britney Spears and alike as the jokes they are. I have listened to her in interviews (the howard stern one is particularly insightful) and it's evident not only is she genuine she's also an artist who is doing exactly what they have always wanted to with music and image. It's so refreshing that someone in the pop industry has creative ambtition and control over their career! She co-directs some of her music videos! She's honest, undeniably talented and genuine. Her fashion is ballsy and questionable but at least she isn't constantly batting her eye lashes and trying to be cute for male attention. She's for everyone or anyone and promotes self-acceptance.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Career Mom Guilt Is Real. Have You Ever Experienced It? - Let's Discuss!

Mom guilt is real! I love my profession and I love being a mom, but sometimes balancing the two can leave us moms feeling less than enough in both....

Yesterday, 10:46 AM By Rebecca Z.
                                • Pain Management

Dear All,

I am Tim and new to this forum. I really like guiding people on various topics so if you have any advise for me or want an advice...

10-21-2019, 04:33 AM By Timf
                                • Abominable Film

I went to see this at the cinema with my sister and was blown away: by the quality of the film, the special effects, the storyline. Definitely one of...

10-20-2019, 04:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                                • Reply to Healthcare Apps

That sounds like a really good idea, Anya Joe. Keeping track of the calories you're burning must work. To me, I wouldn't use such a device myself, but...

10-20-2019, 04:41 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                                • Reply to Hello All

Hi, ConnieBlake. I am a regular member on here and look forward to offering you any advice you might need.

There're loads of people with...

10-20-2019, 04:38 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                                X