Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you Love or Hate Lady Gaga?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• AngelinaAngelina
    replied
    Well, she is pretty much gone, that's how much pop stars last these days, 5 years tops. What else is left for her to do? Wear another crazy outfit? Do another weird video? Sing another song about bad boyfriends? We've seen it all already--- that's where Miley and Nicky will be in 2017.

Leave a comment:

• RainaA
    replied
    That last post ^^^ was just plain rude.
    I am sorry.

Leave a comment:

• RainaA
    replied
    I wouldn't know her if she stepped all over my toes and socked me in the nose. I just found out that she sings by reading the above things. I have heard her name but thought it was lame.

To me, a celebrity is someone who does something worth while. Like Rosa Parks. Like Abraham Lincoln.

Leave a comment:

• WickedVegasINk
    replied
    Originally posted by Little.Chuck View Post
    Lady Gaga has become a well known celebrity. What do you think about her? Do you love, or hate her, or are you indifferent?
    I absolutely love her music...and I truly respect and like the fact that she is not afraid to be herself or to be different.

Regardless of which outfit/quote/antic/act of hers I like or dislike, I love that the simple fact that she never lets anyone make her feel like she has to hold back or "fit in". Se doesn't bother trying to be or act or speak differently just bcause her way might ruffle a few feathers. Just that aspect of her is something alot of people can learn from. Too many people are too worried about what everyone thinks, and are too busy living their life to other people's standards and opinions.

Leave a comment:

• Bug_Lady
    replied
    Her music I could go either way on. If I'm drinking at a club....LOVER HER. However, I can't just listen to her at home or in the shower.

That said, I love her as a person. She is such an activist for equality and LGBTQ rights. I love that she does what she wants and her message to her fans is "you are beautiful". I respect that.

Leave a comment:

• Ives
    replied
    Can't stand her!!

Leave a comment:

• alicemodarres
    replied
    Absolutely love her, she finally brings something different to music!

Leave a comment:

replied
    I'm not a fan of her music, but I do think she is talented and she sounds like a real sweetheart.

Leave a comment:

• brunettebabe
    replied
    she's weird

Leave a comment:

• kolbywhite28
    replied
    She has a couple songs I can't help but like, other than that she sorta annoys me...lol

Leave a comment:

• -Kya-
    replied
    I like her music, but am scared of her fashion!

Leave a comment:

• CHANDLERS WISH
    replied
    What she is unfortunately battling is fame.

My concern and worry is that she will become one of those statistics that can't cope with fame and abuse alcohol, drugs and ultimately that will be the end of her life. She is already showing signs of that as well as non-trust of men in her life, how can she? They see her as powerful money when she is intelligent, creative and has / had a dream and dared to do it.

Like a lot of pop stars in a business sense, she aimed at being different and she aimed at both hertrosexual and homosexual which has made her successful.

Yes, I also Seeker can see that she has copied somewhat Madonna but she has created her own unique person as well.

Others have tried to copy and the media make fun of it, show photos of Cher verses a mimic copier etc, and those people end up failing because they copied.

Same can be said with people with power and the need to succeed, they will always try to break someone down to win, and will try everything in their books to win friendships, or be in the limelight, ulimately the funny thing is they lose as the winner goes on to succeed rightfully elsewhere in their chosen field because their focus is on belief in themselves.

I hope she believes in herself.. Because there are several trying to bring her down.

Leave a comment:

• theSophist
    replied
    I initially ignored Gaga and wrote her off as another provocative, gimicky product of the pop industry but her ambtion, catchy music and unique style drew my eventually got my attention. I think she has raised the bar for the pop industry and has also shown up Britney Spears and alike as the jokes they are. I have listened to her in interviews (the howard stern one is particularly insightful) and it's evident not only is she genuine she's also an artist who is doing exactly what they have always wanted to with music and image. It's so refreshing that someone in the pop industry has creative ambtition and control over their career! She co-directs some of her music videos! She's honest, undeniably talented and genuine. Her fashion is ballsy and questionable but at least she isn't constantly batting her eye lashes and trying to be cute for male attention. She's for everyone or anyone and promotes self-acceptance.

Leave a comment:

• Beckers
    replied
    This is hard for me to answer. I LIKE the fact that she embraces her own style and doesn't care what people think, but I dislike her use of a Madonna song for her latest hit. Stuff like that bothers me, no matter who does it.

As for the rest of her music I think it's successfully catchy, but nothing great. Do I think she's a good singer? Yes. Do I think she's a very interesting person? Yes. Do I think she would be amazing in concert? Yes. But I would go for her weirdness, not her songs.

Leave a comment:

• AshB$
    replied
    Listen to her song Bloody Mary , it's amazing. Very deep too.

Leave a comment:

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Pain Management

Dear All,

I am Tim and new to this forum. I really like guiding people on various topics so if you have any advise for me or want an advice...

Today, 04:33 AM By Timf
  • Abominable Film

I went to see this at the cinema with my sister and was blown away: by the quality of the film, the special effects, the storyline. Definitely one of...

Yesterday, 04:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
  • Reply to Healthcare Apps

That sounds like a really good idea, Anya Joe. Keeping track of the calories you're burning must work. To me, I wouldn't use such a device myself, but...

Yesterday, 04:41 AM By Popcorn&Candy
  • Reply to Hello All

Hi, ConnieBlake. I am a regular member on here and look forward to offering you any advice you might need.

There're loads of people with...

Yesterday, 04:38 AM By Popcorn&Candy
  • Reply to Nice to meet you!

Welcome to WH! I look forward to reading your posts!

Yesterday, 04:36 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Pain Management

Dear All,

I am Tim and new to this forum. I really like guiding people on various topics so if you have any advise for me or want an advice...

Today, 04:33 AM By Timf
  • Abominable Film

I went to see this at the cinema with my sister and was blown away: by the quality of the film, the special effects, the storyline. Definitely one of...

Yesterday, 04:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
  • Do You Believe In Kindred Spirits, Soulmates, And Twin Flames? - Discuss!

We hear a lot of talk about finding a soulmate, but did you know there are kindred spirits and twin flames out there also? Maybe you have met yours?...

10-15-2019, 08:43 AM By Alison H.
  • Nice to meet you!

My name's Eileen. It will take awhile before I'm able to find my way around here.

10-15-2019, 02:25 AM By EileenFrazier
  • Hi :)

I am Kayla. I am New Member of this form. I am happy to be a part of this forum.

10-15-2019, 02:22 AM By KaylaGarcia
Working...
X