Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DOES fake boob's, fake butt, face transplant, face lift, or surgery Make a girl fake?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• DOES fake boob's, fake butt, face transplant, face lift, or surgery Make a girl fake?

Okay i know some of us like watching t.v or are on our computers or listen to the radios alot
    and we are always hearing about plastic surgerys or botox or anything that has to do with changing a womens or a guys figure (such as face too)
    Some of us know celebrities who does(or did it) such as:
    Kim Kardashian
    Nicki Minaj
    Simon Cowell
    jenna jameson
    Jocelyn Wildenstein
    Megan Fox
    Lil Kim
    Brad Pitt, etc.
    But does having all of this done to are body make a person fake?
    Does it affect people personality after they do those things?
    Why change the way you look? i know maybe you dont like the way you look but someone out there does
    Is getting surgery or botox or anything to do with changing your figure a good way to represent yourself, or to show kids that are young that changing yourself is the best way of getting what you want?
    Do you thing that any kind of cosmetic surgery ruins peoples life and how it might affect the world later on?

any answers?
    any comments?
    question, maybe?

• All those things done to enhance what nature has given a person does say something about the vanity of that person. If they are done for reconstructive reasons, health reasons or because the person is well outside of the normal range and they want to fit into normal, I would not consider it vanity. But if a person is normal and they still want to take on pain and risk to enhance themselves, I consider it vanity. I consider the vanity to be there before the person makes enhancements. That being said, I can understand a woman with small breasts getting moderate breast enhancements to be able to wear certain tops that are fitted to say a B cup or a C cup.

I don't consider the person to be fake any more than I consider someone wearing external prosthetic devices such as glasses to be fake or people wearing internal prosthetic devices such as artificial teeth to be fake.

Various surgical techniques to control weight such as banding, stomach stapling and liposuction have serious risks but may also have rewards not only in weight reduction and body shaping but in also reducing the amount of body fat which seems to be a factor in diabetes. Of course, a healthy diet and a reasonable exercise regime would be better, but such things are not always easily possible.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• This topic has been discussed to DEATH in the last few months, with the consensus being fairly close to what JNS said. You should do a forum search and see what you come up with. There are some very recent and very interesting conversations.
      <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• Speaking of strictly cosmetic procedures, i.e., not reconstructive or health related, despite them affecting peoples appearance I think the objective of the individual having the surgery is to change the way they FEEL. You can tell an anorexic girl she's slim until you're blue in the face, but as long as she FEELS fat, she'll maintain her eating disorder. You can tell a bigorexic bodybuilder he doesn't need bigger muscles, but as long as he doesn't FEEL big enough he'll endeavor to become bigger. Once someone feels they have physical shortcoming of some kind there is often little that can be doe to persuade them otherwise.

Further down the line, once someone has had cosmetic surgery and 'crossed the line' I think it then gives them a taste, wetting their appetitive and making the possibility of more procedures more plausible. My ex had a boob job (she did have relatively small breasts for her frame) once she was a D cup and had healed the first thing she said was "I wish I'd gone bigger" (she spent a lot of money on them too) and "now I might get my lips done".

I personally LOVE fake breasts, I have no problem with them whatsoever. Some fake lips look quite cool IMO too, I met an air hostess on holiday a couple of years back with huge fake boobs (size F I think) and collagen lips and I thought that look on her was fantastic. I think butt implants are ridiculous, but who am I to say that when I'm a huge (excuse the pun) fan of boob jobs? I love real boobs too, they're just as much fun, I just don't mind either.

The problem I have with lipo suction and tummy tucks is that - as opposed to boon jobs, where NOTHING can alter the size apart from surgery - fat can be lost with diet and exercise. If you're too lazy to diet and choose surgery as an alternative, then you really ARE lazy. I know they now label obesity as a disease, but if that's the case then the cause of that disease is a lack of self discipline and recklessness.
        "The greatest enemy will hide in the last place you will ever look" [I]Julius Caesar[/I]

Comment

• Originally posted by buddhaboy View Post
          The problem I have with lipo suction and tummy tucks is that - as opposed to boon jobs, where NOTHING can alter the size apart from surgery - fat can be lost with diet and exercise. If you're too lazy to diet and choose surgery as an alternative, then you really ARE lazy. I know they now label obesity as a disease, but if that's the case then the cause of that disease is a lack of self discipline and recklessness.
          Boobs generally get larger with pregnancy and increased weight. So boobs can be altered by natural processes. Although these process may not be desirable to most women, they do alter boobs. Certain hormones, chemicals and drugs can also cause increases.

Surgical weight loss is a reasonable alternative in at least some cases.

To say that laziness, lack of discipline and recklessness are the causes for weight gain and obesity is to fail to judge all of the facts. Years ago when I was much younger I felt the same way due to what I think of now as the bigotry of youth. At that time, I could work a job that didn't require a lot of physical effort and still not gain weight. Today, the same thing is not so. Around 40 or maybe shortly before, my metabolism changed so that adding weight became easier even at reduced eating levels. Most people will have such a change. Those who are younger will generally not acknowledge such a change until it happens to them. Of course, I could exercise a lot more than I did then to just barely maintain a constant weight.

If I had followed my father's work regime and diet regime, I would probably still have had to deal with my mother's genes. My father worked physically very hard, but for low pay. He did not want that for any of his children. My mother's family has a lot of large people even amongst those who worked hard. Diabetes also follows in the family. So I would probably be larger than my father even with the hard work and low pay.

I find that when I go on vacation to Southeast Asia, I tend to lose weight. It is not due to eating poorly, rather to a big increase in walking. Generally, I consider my well paying job to be killing me in small amounts. Which is why I will retire from it as soon as I can get to normal retirement without reduction. Then I will most likely move to Southeast Asia.
          I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
          Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• JNS, you are correct, I failed to specify and identify some of things you mentioned above, allow me to elaborate, I was a bit hungover and groggy when I wrote that. Just to clarify: I'm not someone who thinks anyone overweight is lazy, or anyone who has surgery is vain.

Re boob jobs the point I intended to make was other than a boob job nothing will effect a permanent change is size and shape. So if you have a flat chested woman who desires bigger boob her only option is a boob job, an older mom who's boobs are sagging after breast feeding only has the option of a lift or implants, diet and exercise may help but may well not make the required change. I also agree that the tummy tuck procedure to correct the loose skin around the stomach some women experience after pregnancy is necessary as there is often no non surgical alternative to correct it, my GF actually wants this done.

The point I wanted to make - and I was a bit blunt and harsh above - is that gaining weight as a natural consequence of growing older and experiencing metabolic changes is one thing, it is natural, normal and unavoidable.

Developing morbid obesity - to the point you need a gastric band to lose weight - as a result of failing to exercise and make any healthy lifestyle choices is another. Precluding some very rare and unfortunate cases of illness the majority of people who have this procedure could have avoided it through making healthier lifestyle choices.

In short, I don't see why people would have any surgery if there is a natural, and non surgical alternative - why have fat sucked out of your body if you can lose it with diet and exercise? If there is no non surgical alternative, and you would like to change something about yourself, then I say go for it, it's your body and your choice. Not happy with your boobs? Then yeah, get a job or a lift; not happy with your weight? try diet and exercise before you pay a doctor thousand to hoover it out of you.

This, of course is just my opinion, and I've had cosmetic minor surgery BTW, I've had moles burned off of my face and chest.
            "The greatest enemy will hide in the last place you will ever look" [I]Julius Caesar[/I]

Comment

• Originally posted by jns View Post
              what I think of now as the bigotry of youth
              I love this term, jns. I always enjoy experiencing the phenomenon that gives clarity when words describe a thing well. We do tend to have an idealized and closed-minded view based on our limited experience in our young years. Hopefully it goes away and we can realize that there are actually other viewpoints and exceptions to the little rules we create. My grandfather says, "Boy, another world could be made out of the things you don't know."

What do you call an old bigot, though?
              "Those sowing seed with tears
              Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• I wouldn't think a girl was "fake"
                Some girls need these things for their health. In that case I wouldn't
                consider they where 'fake'

How on earth would it change someones personality? I think it would rather make
                her feel better if she didn't like the thing in the first place.

Comment

• No I would not say that they are fake. It is their personal choice to do this and if it gives them more confidence, more power to them.

Comment

• I think you answered your own question in the question... fake butt + does this make a girl fake? I would say it's obvious!

Comment

• I will admit that I was addicted to the bombshell bra by Victoria Secret. It was heavily padded and made you supposedly look 2 cups bigger. I'm not small-breasted, but I like how the push-up bra made me look more pin-upish.

Now, I'm starting to feel like the bra is uncomfortable and starting to look fake. So, I only wear the bombshell bra on special occasions.

I'm all for people wanting to look their best. I wouldn't look at someone differently if they got fake enhancements. A lot of women now these days have fake eyelashes, fake nails and fake tans anyway.
                      "Dating is like slow dancing. Let the man lead, or you will fall all over your feet"

Comment

• Many people have some huge insecurities, many of which they just can not seem to conquer through there mind. You only live once. So if surgery is what it takes to live a happier more full filling life, I say go for it! What I really dislike is for an example a b/f or husband pressuring a woman for fake boobs etc. In many cases it can almost be brain washing them into thinking it would be better......Just my 2 cents on the subject.
                        If you're not learning you're not living!

Comment

• i wonder what would be their reaction if they found out it's fake!

Comment

• I'd say it would make you fake,, we should all live with what we have, and make the most of it.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
                            • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                            • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                            • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                            • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                            Working...
                            X