Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So many threads go unanswered

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• So many threads go unanswered

Specifically, unanswered by the OP when they are a new member. I wonder why that is? I was just browsing some subforums here and saw quite a few threads (some of them desperate) where an established member here (or more than one) went to the trouble of posting something significant and was met with ....nothing.

I'm not terribly offended by this or anything, just curious. I'd like to think if I showed up at some forum with a cry for help or just info I'd at least say thanks lol.
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

• I've missed plenty of threads. Often when they get bumped they're seen and someone responds. In other cases I just don't know how to answer. In a few cases I'm just exhausted with a topic. I remember at one point the community was juggling something like 10 "is my penis too small" threads from three different members. If I see a title "My period is 5 hours late," it's likely going to get overlooked when something has stirred up interest.

My guess is that the answer for a lot of members will be the same.
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• I don't mean regular members tho, I mean when somebody registers to ask a question or seek help, they get some answers, and then you never hear from the OP again - oftentimes not even an "okay thanks for your responses." Just seems weird to me.
      [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

• Ah, I missed what you were saying. Yeah, that's kind of irritating.

I'm thinking that they're probably looking in a lot of different places and posting while they're in a panic. Once the situation resolves they just probably want to put that period behind themselves.
        "Those sowing seed with tears
        Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• ^^ I think that too. I've noticed it jen and have been curious too. I wonder sometimes if they post and then simply forget they ever did it.

Comment

• I don't necessarily find it strange that a thread gets a reply but the OP doesn't return. Most of us who post a lot are not the shy type (anonymity has its advantages.) A lot of one-time posters are probably trying out the forum or maybe are too shy to get into a conversation even on an anonymous site. They could have someone snooping on their computer, so they commonly trash everything to hide their tracks including passwords.
            I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
            Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• I think some people post there questions in many Forums as one of the problems, possibly forget where or their log in details. We have noted over the years a few that never returned after even posting.

Some Jen no matter how hard we try as member to reply with meaning and hopefully "helpful" advice, don't agree with what was written and so, don't reply.

It would be nice to just say "thankyou".. But, then we don't know where else they have visited I mean some sites are very nasty, maybe they were met with words that hurt them and didn't go back to anywhere where they posted.

Guess we will never know

On the other hand I am a bumper if I have answered and no one else has, I'll bump

Also I go to sexions I mean sections that I feel I may be able to provide an opinion (off topic) and search ... Off topic but hint, hint for those that read your thread and don't do that ..
              PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Sometimes people want to hear other opinions, not get in a dialogue. They are reading the advice. They just aren't engaging in a conversation. Similar to folks in-person who may not be into 2-way dialogue. I know I often do this when I post a question. Something I completely forget to reply because I just want to get other people's opinions and read them.
                Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• Originally posted by CHANDLERS WISH View Post
                  I think some people post there questions in many Forums as one of the problems, possibly forget where or their log in details. We have noted over the years a few that never returned after even posting.

Some Jen no matter how hard we try as member to reply with meaning and hopefully "helpful" advice, don't agree with what was written and so, don't reply.

It would be nice to just say "thankyou".. But, then we don't know where else they have visited I mean some sites are very nasty, maybe they were met with words that hurt them and didn't go back to anywhere where they posted.

Guess we will never know

On the other hand I am a bumper if I have answered and no one else has, I'll bump

Also I go to sexions I mean sections that I feel I may be able to provide an opinion (off topic) and search ... Off topic but hint, hint for those that read your thread and don't do that ..
                  Once or twice ive noticed someone will post a question or problem but not reply when other do, maybe some poster get a bit wary of this kind of thing, just saying.

Comment

• I think it is important to answer, anyway. Because someone else may have the same problem, the same questions and that someone may find the thread and it may help him/her.

I usually don't answer posts with only the OP in view, but with the idea someone else may read it and it may be of help.

Many times, I was that someone who came looking for help. Before I had to post, I found a thread where the thing that was bogging me was discussed and reading made me feel better.

So, I want to take this opportunity to thank users who log in, instead of just lurking, and who care enough to answer questions. Even the ones we find weird.

I also want to say that in my answers, if I ever hurt anyone, it wasn't my intention. I have problems to express myself in English.

Comment

• Well I myself like to at least welcome the new member or even try to answer them the best I could. Maybe steer them in a direction for the correct answer. With someone who would know more then me. But at least give that person a opinion they had not read before this just may just help them out in the long run.
                      When out driving always turn left. Then, should you become lost, you can find your way home by reversing the procedure and always turning right.

Comment

• Originally posted by raindancer View Post
                        I think it is important to answer, anyway. Because someone else may have the same problem, the same questions and that someone may find the thread and it may help him/her.

I usually don't answer posts with only the OP in view, but with the idea someone else may read it and it may be of help.

Many times, I was that someone who came looking for help. Before I had to post, I found a thread where the thing that was bogging me was discussed and reading made me feel better.

So, I want to take this opportunity to thank users who log in, instead of just lurking, and who care enough to answer questions. Even the ones we find weird.

I also want to say that in my answers, if I ever hurt anyone, it wasn't my intention. I have problems to express myself in English.
                        This is so. Btw, in answer to Motorguy also, looks like some new members are not introducing themselves though, so we dont know a thing about them.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
                        • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                        • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                        • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                        • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                        Working...
                        X