Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting an online craftinf biz :)

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Starting an online craftinf biz :)

I want to sell some of the things I sew online. But I need ideas and I need a good online site to sell them on. I tried Etsy but I didn't like going through a third party. What are my options for getting my crafts out there. I think that I have some talent and could use the extra money that it would bring in for me. Any advice?
    sigpic☮“I am convinced that the women of the world, united without any regard for national or racial dimensions, can become a most powerful force for international peace and brotherhood.”☮

• I hear that Pinterest is helping a lot of people get their products "out there." There are lots of free blog sites out there - I use Blogspot by Google for my personal blog - that you could use to display your products. Then you just pin them on Pinterest and hope they take off! Anybody who sees the pictures of your crafts pinned can click through to your blog, where you've hopefully put purchase info

I don't know how to set up purchases on a blog, so that's something another person will have to answer. But if you want to market your things online, you have to know what the newest way is - and Pinterest is definitely IT right now.
    <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• Hi Basketcase, you can start it out using a Facebook account. Start by sharing it with your friends.However, it is best if you can come up with a good website.

Comment

• Hi Honestly, your best bet is going to be starting a blog. I'm happy to show you how (no charge) and hopefully help you get started if you want.

Best of luck, and rock on for following your dreams!
        Last edited by Little; 11-19-2012, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• I actually am very happy with Etsy. It's very cheap to list things and there are no hidden fees. You can also meet a lot of interesting people on there and it can really build a reputation for your business.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
          • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          Working...
          X