Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pit Bull lovers?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Pit Bull lovers?

Hi. I was just wondering how many members love dogs, Pit Bulls to be specific? There is so much controversy over this dog breed. Many people either love Pitts, or are totally against owning one, out of fear. I absolutely love this breed, and it is by far my favorite. I have owned pit bulls all my life, and they are just such loyal, sweet, smart dogs. None of my Pitts were aggressive in any way. Mine were just like big lap- dogs. I think its a shame how many people ruined this breeds reputation. There is no such thing as a bad animal, only a bad owner in my opinion. Pitbulls can make great family dogs. Unfortunely for some reason, pitts are the most abused, neglected breed. Sometimes I voluteer at my local animal shelter, and most of the dogs in there are Pitts. It is so sad. I wish I could take them all in and give them a forever home.

• I do, I do!!!

There is nothing wrong with pits. It's the way people raise/train them and take care of them, or in most cases don't take care of them! The bad rep is because this is the breed so many have bred to be fighting dogs. They are the sweetest, most loyal dogs if raised correctly and. My last dog was a red nose pit, and I loved that dog. He was the best dog I've ever had.
    WickedVegasInk

Comment

• My last pitt was also a red nose . His name was "Bully". He was white with black spots. He was the smartest most loyal dog I ever owned. I miss him so much. He ended up coming down with Leukemia, and had to be put down. He was only four years old. That was a couple of years ago. I still think about him everyday. It makes me so sick to my stomach when I hear about dog fighting rings getting busted. How can people be so cruel? How would they like to be put in a cage, and have to fight for their lives??? Alot of the dogs I work with at the shelter have so many "battle scars". You can tell some of them were used for fighting. But despite what some of these dogs been through, it is amazing how loving they still are.

Comment

• I know! I agree with you one hundred percent.

Sorry to hear about Bully's passing. It hurts to lose your "baby" because they are family just as much as the people you are related to are, in a sense even more so sometimes! My sympathy and heart goes out to you.
        Last edited by WickedVegasINk; 02-08-2013, 02:16 PM.
        WickedVegasInk

Comment

• Wicked, I just wanted to say thanks for your sincere concern and sympathy about my dog passing. He was just like one of my children, and he will always have a special place in my heart. Thank You Again!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
          • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          Working...
          X