Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vroom Vroom

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Vroom Vroom

A passion of mine- cars! I grew up around Fords, old ones, and going to the drag strip. I love old cars. I know not many women are into the same, but not me. I'll take a day looking for treasures at the junk yard/ working on my car over a day shopping. Guess I'm not normal...haha.

• Hey, I'm a fellow petrolhead (as we say in the UK) to the core!

I've had various performance cars (my E34 BMW M5 was very nice ) but my 'car heart' was given to The Silver Pig - a 1965 Porsche 911 that has the mechanicals from a 1984 carrera 3.2 and has the wide arches and ducktail spolier from a 2.7 RS.

I have taken her to the track a few times, but once a lady gets to a certain age, she deserves a bit more of an easy life I think

I've owned her for 10 years and I don't ever plan on selling her. Maybe i'll have a son (or daughter) one day who I can give her to as a family heirloom.

I would love to put up a picture, but I don't think this website supports them?

So, what car have you got? I take it you do a lot of the work/maintainance on it yourself? If so, kudos to you. I know how cars work as I'm very mechanically-minded; I just don't have the patience or the tools, haha.

Alex

Comment

• Sweet! I am more of an American (old stuff) car chick myself, but I DROOL over BMWs!! I hope to have one, someday. I agree, once a car reaches a certain point, it needs to slow down, or have a revival. Mine is sitting in a garage waiting for me.I have a 1989 drop top Mustang GT Ive had for 11 years this July. Its mostly stock, but I'm aiming to change that by dropping in a bigger engine and hotter rear. Gonna be a father-daughter project. After that, which will be sometime from now, I hope to take it to the drag strip and see what it'll run. Im not sure how this forum works just yet, as I a newb! But I would like to see a pic

Comment

• Cool. I'm into Cheys. I don't have any projects going right now, but my last one was with my dad on his 74 Malibu. Mostly cosmetic.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
        • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        Working...
        X