Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you more of a cat person or dog person?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Are you more of a cat person or dog person?

Are you a Cat person or Dog person? What breed of cat or dog is your favorite?

I think this this is neutral for me. I love both cats and dogs equally.

My favorite cat breed is: Persian
    My breed of choice for a dog is definately a Pitt bull. The adorable "Shih tzu " comes in second

• I love cats but I would have say dogs namely Bassett hounds and bloodhounds

Comment

• Bassett hounds are adorable....

Comment

• Pit bulls are too but I love all dogs and animals
        It's very sad that pit bulls are put down where I live if they are taken to the pound.

Comment

• I love both cats and dogs but as a pet I guess I prefer dogs.(probably cause of the litter!!!)
          Where I used to live, it was warm all the time and I had about a dozen cats I was feeding with
          leftovers in the yard. But in the house, just my dog.

When it comes to race I love them all. Even mixed breeds. I let my heart choose my dog,
          when I went to the pound. One look at her face and it was a done deal!

Comment

• Dogs for me. Every Pitbull Ive encountered has licked my face and plopped on my lap as if it were a lap dog. Cats I dont mind, except when they wiz in the gut of my car or scratch the hood.

Comment

• I've always been a dog person, but I like cats as well. My favorite breed is German Shepherd. We have a Black Lab named Rainier. We lost our German Shepherd/Greyhound mix, Windy a few months ago to cancer. I pretty much like all dogs.... except my mother in law's dog.

Comment

• I am sorry about your baby . I loss my chow chow/black lab baby several years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bladyn'smommy16 View Post
                  I am sorry about your baby . I loss my chow chow/black lab baby several years ago.
                  Thank you, we had her 6 years. We rescued her from a German Shepherd rescue when she was 9 months old. We had her 6 years before finding out she had a very aggressive form of cancer and only had weeks to live. It's hard to lose a fur baby.

Comment

• Yes is very hard! Thank you too

Comment

• ****its is what I meant

Comment

• I love dogs, more than cats. My prefer dog is a brown labrador retriever. It's a very smart dog!

Comment

• I'm more of a dog person. My parents had cats when we were younger...but I needed something more cuddley and affectionate ( my husband doesn't understand that department too much) and having a dog around fitted the bill.
                          Since I live in sub-division, a smaller dog was preffered and so I got myself a sheltie. My first little girl, Sassy, passed away in '07 and six months later I was blessed with another little girl, Mya. She just turned 6 in January.....

Here's Mya on one of our last years camping trips

Comment

• I am a cat person, although I have no cats indoors. I daily feed, water, and watch over the feral cats in the neighborhood. They are so wild that they won't let me touch them, but they do tolerate me up to a two-foot distance. I have four food dishes across the back of the patio door off my dining room, with three waterbowls; one food bowl in my carport; and one food bowl up in the apple tree. One food bowl in the plum tree didn't work out and needs to be replaced.

By the time I was 16, I had been bitten by so many dogs that I lost count, and in this neighborhood, a dog killed and ate a kitten that had been born just minutes before in my "cat house" I had built in my back yard. That also influenced my feelings toward dogs, but I had two very pleasant run-ins with three pitbulls who came down my driveway. .
                            It's always disappointing when someone lies to me, then I look down, and their pants aren't on fire.

Comment

• I like both! I had cats growing up but have always wanted a dog, I love corgis and sheltie's. I'll probably end up with cats once I've got my own place (that's not at university), I just love them. I guess I'm just an animal person, I'd be happy with a hamster as long as I had a pet, haha.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Believe In Kindred Spirits, Soulmates, And Twin Flames? - Discuss!

We hear a lot of talk about finding a soulmate, but did you know there are kindred spirits and twin flames out there also? Maybe you have met yours?...

10-15-2019, 08:43 AM By Alison H.
                              • Nice to meet you!

My name's Eileen. It will take awhile before I'm able to find my way around here.

10-15-2019, 02:25 AM By EileenFrazier
                              • Hi :)

I am Kayla. I am New Member of this form. I am happy to be a part of this forum.

10-15-2019, 02:22 AM By KaylaGarcia
                              • Hello All

Hi everyone,
                                I'm quite happy to have found a forum that hopefully will give plenty of advice and insight on all sorts of womanly things; and maybe...

10-15-2019, 02:15 AM By ConnieBlake
                              • Hello Everyone

Well my name is Misa. I'm 29 and I'm from New York. I'm a mother to two beautiful little girls and soon a baby boy. I have been married to my husband...

10-15-2019, 01:58 AM By JackMaxwell
                              Working...
                              X