Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once a Geek always a Geek

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Once a Geek always a Geek

When I lived at home in Hawaii I was the family Geek. If any family member had a problem with their computer, they came to me. I even built several computers for them and myself. I have been away from all that for over 5 years, so things have changed.

A friend came to stay with us, she has a computer like none I have ever seen before. She was having trouble getting it running after moving it. The computer is only 4 inches wide, 13 inches deep and 12 inches high. I was amazed that they could cram so much computer in a case that size. Luckily, after reseating all the cables it started working. It looks like technology has passed me by when it comes to computers. My computer seems like a huge dinosaur compared to hers and hers is many times faster than mine. Hers boots in 5 seconds mine takes 2-3 minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
    ― Bodhidharma

• I take it that you are talking about a desktop computer as notebooks, netbooks, ultrabooks and tablets are much smaller. Kaiser Permanente, my HMO, has had such computers is all of the exam rooms for the last 5 years. They allow the doctors great flexibility in finding resources that they need. I believe the ones I've seen are made by Dell.

The original Mac Mini was 6.5 x 6.5 x 2, contained an optical drive as well as a HDD. It was first available in 2005.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• It's a desktop Falcon Tiki. I want one but can't afford it so I'll have to stick with my old dinosaur. Maybe I'll save up and upgrade dino so it's as fast as her tiki. Right now I can barely play The Sims 3 and have a lot of lag.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
      ― Bodhidharma

Comment

• The Falcon Tiki looks like a nice system.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X