Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home Maintenence Tips

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• An addition to Faerunner's tip, you need to flush the sediment out of your WH periodically. That's why it has a drain, if there is a nearby floor drain (there really should be) drain it there, if not, hook up a hose and run it to a toilet or even out the window (make sure you won't fill a window well).

Never leave an empty WH on. It will keep trying to heat and will ruin it.

Comment

• My advice: Plan on doing everything twice, making at least 5 trips to the hardware store for one item, and plan on every project taking at least twice, if not three times as long as you think it should.

Comment

• Originally posted by KMonte85 View Post
        A new one I just learned recently after my brother's crappy truck was parked in my driveway...

If you have oil spots on the driveway (or clothes) use oven cleaner to remove them.
        or for oil spots from cars or what not use kitty litter.
        Life's a dance you learn as you go

Comment

• Hi everyone, I wanted to share some useful tips on how to clean your dishwasher, We take our appliances for granted none more so than the dishwasher. Its primary function is to clean, so it makes sense that it'll always be clean, right? Wrong.If you use your dishwasher a lot, it can easily get gunked up with leftover food, grease, and soap scum. This leads to an appliance that smells more like a sewer than a cleaning device. On top of that, the dishes that come out of it might not be as sanitary as they should.

My daily routine for keeping my Bosch dishwasher clean (this is the model is to make sure that the drain is clear every night when I'm loading the last load of dishes.
          Then I spray down the inside of the door and around the door where the dishwasher seal with diluted Pine Sol. This helps with odors, degreasing, and wiping any leftover food off of the door as well. Don't forget, I also try to stay on top of keeping the dishes completely cleared of food and rinsed before loading as well.

I'd love to hear your thoughts. How do you clean your dishwasher? Do you clean your dishwasher? If so, I'd love to hear any tips or tricks you may have to keep it sanitized and smelling fresh.
          Last edited by jns; 04-22-2018, 09:30 AM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

• Hello, OliviaWJ. I love your post. I don't actually own a dishwasher, though: this is because I live in an apartment. BUT if I did, I would use your advice. I am sure many find it helpful. Dishwashers are valuable and do need taking care of: as with all appliances. Anyhow, a great post.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X