• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creative Bathroom Storage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Bathroom Storage

The new apt I am moving into next week has a smaller bathroom... I was going to put up a storage shelf or something for storage but there is just really no good place... Any ideas on where I can store things or how to cut down on what I need in the bathroom at all times?
    If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.
    -Andy Rooney

It is discouraging how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.--Noel Coward

Live your life and forget your age. --Norman Vincent Peale

Target has some wonderful little triangle shelves on a tension pole designed to fit in a corner of a shower or with one section of the pole removed, in a tub. That gives spavce for some toiletries (you have to put heavy rubber bands onto the pole under each shelf to secure it, what it comes with doesn't work well).
    Then you can get a bathroom space saver. These are shelves that stand on either side of the toilet and give you shelving about the tank, some have cupboard. Both of these are great because you don't have to mount anything to the walls.
    Then get some stacking bins for under the sink to allow you to get more use out of that space
    We can only learn to love by loving. - Iris Mudoch, British writer

Comment

Originally posted by kygirl View Post
      The new apt I am moving into next week has a smaller bathroom... I was going to put up a storage shelf or something for storage but there is just really no good place... Any ideas on where I can store things or how to cut down on what I need in the bathroom at all times?
      I can't let this go without a snarky comment about how many things ladies need in the bathroom

Do you ladies really need all that stuff??????????????????????????

Aside from shower caddies and towel racks not much. Smaller bathrooms mean that you need to keep the towels and such in a different closet.

If you have space in your bedroom and it's close enough to the bathroom, then you're unfortunately going to have to use that as you storage areas.
      There will always be boundries, but making love is so different, than having sex, let's face it. CW

Comment

Not all ladies need a walk in storage off the bathroom....
        Pretzel stated...
        I can't let this go without a snarky comment about how many things ladies need in the bathroom

Do you ladies really need all that stuff??????????????????????????
        LMAO...
        But we do require a bit more than a man when it comes to health and beauty.
        And since we are questioning male/female space.... Do you gents' really need all that sporting, auto, home improvement equipment that occupies the garage, basement, and shed...??????? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Olympia View Post
          Not all ladies need a walk in storage off the bathroom....
          Pretzel stated... LMAO...
          But we do require a bit more than a man when it comes to health and beauty.
          And since we are questioning male/female space.... Do you gents' really need all that sporting, auto, home improvement equipment that occupies the garage, basement, and shed...??????? LOL
          Touche..................

Guess I had that coming
          There will always be boundries, but making love is so different, than having sex, let's face it. CW

Comment

Pretzel,
            All in good clean fun!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Olympia View Post
              Pretzel,
              All in good clean fun!!!!
              Oh, trust me, no problems.

My wife could start a beauty salon with all the stuff she has in the bathroom.

Comment

ha ha pretzel, It's just that the storage below the sink is barely big enough to hold towels and washcloths. I just don't want it to look too cluttered because I have a makeup bag, blow dryer, and straightening iron out at all times.... It does require a bit of effort to look good. I have at least learned to do all of it (shower to finished with makeup) in about 30 minutes. I don't know what more you can ask for lol

WC, There is a towel rack over the toliet so there is no room for one of those over the bowl storage things... I originally had thought of that... I'm still trying to find a small enough trash can in the right shape

I gave up a large bathroom for a lot of storage and countertop space in the kitchen...
                If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.
                -Andy Rooney

It is discouraging how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.--Noel Coward

Live your life and forget your age. --Norman Vincent Peale

Comment

Haha, typical male response hey

You can also purchase a large pot (garden pot), place your dryer, iron tongs etc, in it and then your makeup bag on top, then you can even add a plastic plant on top of that to hide it.

Towels look great rolled up and can be placed at the edge of the bath..
                  PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

mmm Ikea.com maybe?

Comment

Bathroom caddies can help you

Comment

I have decent bathroom storage. I have 3 plastic boxes to hold toiletries and a metal three shelf rack. I do need to de clutter my bathroom, I admit it, but fair play to me, I do use virtually all the products I have in my bathroom. I am a product junkie, I reckon.

Comment

Working...
                        X