Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone here ever used the sand-drying method for flowers?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Has anyone here ever used the sand-drying method for flowers?

I want to try it on my tulips to preserve them since they are beginning to fade, but am not sure how to go about it!

• find yourself a sturdy box and pour about an inch of silica sand in the bottom. then place the flowers or foliage stems on top of the sand. pour more sand over top of the flowers from a cup or can so that it gently flows around, under, and over each part of the flower, until the flower is completely covered. as you pour the sand, use a pencil or small paintbrush to carefully support the flower and to get the sand into the corners. after about two weeks, when the flowers are dry, tip the box to allow the sand to slowly pour out of one corner. lift the flower in the same direction in which the sand is flowing, so as not to damage it. i love this process. they will last for a good year after you have done this.

Comment

• Awesome thank you! I've tried it with two of my tulips the others are faded and the leaves are falling off thats what I get for buying a forced bulb!!

Comment

• save the bulbs and plant them outside in the spring. tulips are like weeds. once you get them started you can't get rid of them!

Comment

• To get dried flower you should use this method correctly. First of all fill sends with half inch layer on sturdy box, after that place the flowers or foliage stems on the sand. then slaowly add send in that box till flowers get compleetly coverd. after 2 weeks when flower get dry allow send to pour out from a corner, then clear the flower with stream of sand. And you will get your dried flower to use.
          Get Home Design Ideas---> fashionhomestyle

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Believe In Kindred Spirits, Soulmates, And Twin Flames? - Discuss!

We hear a lot of talk about finding a soulmate, but did you know there are kindred spirits and twin flames out there also? Maybe you have met yours?...

10-15-2019, 08:43 AM By Alison H.
          • Nice to meet you!

My name's Eileen. It will take awhile before I'm able to find my way around here.

10-15-2019, 02:25 AM By EileenFrazier
          • Hi :)

I am Kayla. I am New Member of this form. I am happy to be a part of this forum.

10-15-2019, 02:22 AM By KaylaGarcia
          • Hello All

Hi everyone,
            I'm quite happy to have found a forum that hopefully will give plenty of advice and insight on all sorts of womanly things; and maybe...

10-15-2019, 02:15 AM By ConnieBlake
          • Hello Everyone

Well my name is Misa. I'm 29 and I'm from New York. I'm a mother to two beautiful little girls and soon a baby boy. I have been married to my husband...

10-15-2019, 01:58 AM By JackMaxwell
          Working...
          X