Dishrag Smell?

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dishrag Smell?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Dishrag Smell?

When I do the dishes, the rag is just fine. But afterwards, when it's drying and I wipe my hand on it, it smells like vomit. The dishes don't smell like it, but the rag does and by the end of the week, it's a slightly strong smell. We have a stainless steel sink. Would that have anything to do with it? Anybody have any suggestions as why it's there and how we can get rid of it? Thanks!

• It is the countless numbers of bacteria growing in it. Anytime you use it there will be bacteria and a whole lot of it. If you use the disposable ones just get rid of them after a day or two. If you use a cloth one just put it in the washing machine with your other towels and clean it that way. Other than that there is nothing you can do, the bacteria will be there growing and causing the smell if you do not either use a different towel or do not wash them regularly.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• Change to a dish brush or have several dish rags in a drawer and wash them (on hot) frequently.

Comment

• This thread is almost 2 years old

Thread closed

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X