• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's in your garden ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my garden the most exciting thing i have ever found was a garter snake with the head of a frog half way down its throat, the back two legs were hanging out of the snakes mouth.

Comment

Hey. What a miracle to eat your vegetables. Completely mature, juicy tomato, still warm from the sun. Sweet carrots, pulled out of the garden for a minute (or even seconds!), Before they eat. Growing your own vegetables is one of those activities that counteract practicality and indulgence. In addition to the convenience of attaching the seats for a salad or light dinner right outside the door (or on the windowsill), when you grow your own vegetables, you get the maximum charge for your dollar. Vegetables begin to lose nutrients as soon as they are collected, and the quality decreases when sugars turn into starches. For the most delicious vegetables with better nutrition, try growing several such nutrients in your own garden. And do not let the lack of a yard stop you - they can all be grown in containers.
      Broccoli has a high content of calcium, iron and magnesium, as well as vitamins A, B6 and C. In fact, one cup of raw broccoli from a broccoli flower provides 130% of your daily intake of vitamin C.
      How to grow broccoli
      Grow broccoli in containers: one plant of broccoli on a pot, pots should be from 12 to 16 inches.
      Things to consider: cabbage worms. If you start to see pretty white butterflies fluttering around your broccoli, you are guaranteed to start seeing small green worms on all your broccoli plants. To avoid this, cover your broccoli plants with a floating lid or light sheets. If you start to see cabbage worms, just take them by hand.
      There is nothing like peas grown right in your own garden - the tender sweetness of the chopped peas torn from the vine, unlike anything you can buy in the store. In addition to being delicious, peas have a high content of fiber, iron, magnesium, potassium and vitamins A, B6 and C.
      While beans (green beans / beans) are an excellent addition to any garden, these are the beans that we grow as dried beans, which are real nutrient power plants. Dry beans, as a rule, contain iron, fiber, manganese and phosphorus.
      Grow beans in containers: beans - your best option for growing in containers. Vegetable beans are four inches apart in a container of at least 12 inches deep.
      What you need to consider: harvest at the right time. Remove dry beans when the pods are completely dried on the vine. The skin should be light brown, and you should be able to feel the hard beans inside. Roll out the beans and allow them to sit for a few days to dry completely before storing them in jars in a cool, dark, dry place.
      Fresh, home-grown tomatoes - the reason why many gardeners fall into vegetable gardening in the first place. There is nothing that would be compared with eating a perfectly mature tomato, still warm from the sun. Tomatoes are also incredibly good for us, packing large amounts of fiber, iron, magnesium, niacin, potassium and vitamins A, B6 and C. They are also an excellent source of antioxidant lycopene.
      Grow tomatoes in containers: the size of the containers will vary depending on the variety that you grow.

Comment

I love your post, Loric2014! As for me, I planted 6 herbs with my dad last week. It was enjoyable to do a bit of planting. They should sprout in a week or two. This time of year is wonderful with all the plants & flowers. I love walking in the woods and wandering around garden centres and parks. I am very glad it's springtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Popcorn&Candy View Post
          This time of year is wonderful with all the plants & flowers. I love walking in the woods and wandering around garden centres and parks. I am very glad it's springtime.
          agree Popcorn & Candy!

our daffodils and pink, white, and purple hyacyinths are out and look so colorful
          the tulips leaves are out and they'll be up next

Comment

I love orchids. I have cattleya, phalaenopsis, cymbidiums and vandas. I bought some of them at Orchid Republic in Sherman Oaks, and some are given to me by my friends.

Comment

in my garden many types of butterflies and 15 types of flowers.

Comment

Butterflies are beautiful. Bees are also incredibly important. A wonderful time of year.

Comment

Working...
                X