Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What color walls should I have with this comforter?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• What color walls should I have with this comforter?

I used this bedding a couple years ago for my first semester of college. However since then I've decided to move back home and commute to the local university instead. My mother said since I have two more years of school left and would be living at home that we could remodel my room. I want to get lot's of new wall decals and things like that so I choose to pull this bedding out and make it work instead of getting a new one to save some money.

I won't be using the bedskirt shown in the photo it will be just plain pink and I have two plain pink and two plain orange pillow cases to replace the ones in the picture as well that way I can make it a little more mature since I am about to turn 21.

I know that white walls look great with pink and orange but I'm not a fan of a glossy bright white. So I was wondering if there I should go with an eggshell color or since I would prefer a color I was wondering if there is a color that would go well with this comforter?

• White does go well with many things since it's a very clean, 'neutral' color, but I agree, that glossy white is quite unattractive. You can get 'matt finish' whites which don't have that shine to them, would that be an option? I like orange and I had 'tropical lime' (a kind of green) once, I call them the 'fruity colors' I think they're really zesty and energizing.
    "The greatest enemy will hide in the last place you will ever look" [I]Julius Caesar[/I]

Comment

• with your comforter set being so bold, your best bet is to go with muted walls... white, grey tones or even tan would look nice. If you want color on the walls, you should accent with color, but not paint the walls anything other than neutral. Lime green or black would be a great accent color. I've seen some really sophisticated, yet funky, bedrooms designed with pink and orange bed sheets, white furniture and walls, and green or black accent wall art, curtains, and headboard or lampshades on the bedstand lamp.

Comment

• If you don't want to use pure white then you can use some creamish white. other than white, gray and smoky blue also make good combination.
        Get Home Design Ideas---> fashionhomestyle

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Do You Play The Postcode Lottery?

I do! Although I have not won anything yet. Still, it is worth the chance of winning some money.

What about you? What are your reasons for...

Today, 02:53 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Do You Play The Postcode Lottery?

I do! Although I have not won anything yet. Still, it is worth the chance of winning some money.

What about you? What are your reasons for...

Today, 02:53 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        Working...
        X